Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Nope. I wish I knew the answer.

Anyone know how to get your favorite college football team's Game Day audio on the Pre?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    There's a pay service (I think it's associated with Yahoo?). IIRC, that's actually where Mark Cuban originally made his money- selling a college sports internet radio service to Yahoo.

For your particular team, there may be specific terrestrial radio stations that stream their station online and haven't gotten the word that they're not supposed to stream the college football games. I know of one or two for my college's broadcasts. But it's really hit-or-miss, depending on whether the program director has gotten the word (and is listening).

If you're willing to pay money, I suggest looking up that Yahoo service. I vaguely recall it being in the neighborhood of about $15/season, but that could be wildly wrong.

Good luck.

Follow-up: I looked up Yahoo. They only cover some teams in the NCAA. If your team isn't on their list, you might have to do more digging. There isn't a single carrier that has everyone. XM/Sirius have most/all major college teams, but I don't think they stream those games on their internet service, only through their satrads.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    The problem is getting it to stream on your Pre. I found a really good site....but can't get it to work on the Pre:

FreeFootballRadio-Your source for free internet football game broadcasts
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Anyone else?

Am I right in thinking there's no way to stream something like the above link I posted on The Pre? Works great with a PC but....
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Bueller?
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Ok then. No college football fans here. Duly noted.
    I'm a huge fan, and actually my business is tied to college football. I would love to find a way to listen to games on my Pre, but am just tired of continuing to find things the Pre can't do.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PREbiotic View Post
    I'm a huge fan, and actually my business is tied to college football. I would love to find a way to listen to games on my Pre, but am just tired of continuing to find things the Pre can't do.
    Well, that sounds familiar. I feel your pain.

Like I said, above. I found a great site...but unless I'm missing something, you can't listen to ANYTHING on the Pre unless it's specifically designed to be listened to on the Pre.
    I gave up on the radio, I'd settle just to find a good website for score updates.

I haven't had any luck with that either... Yahoo Sports isn't very comprehensive.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    I'm actually surprised someone hasn't tied in with an NCAA application like NFL app.

ATT has their app for the NCAA tourny, but I think that's it.

This would seem much much bigger than any of the pro sports stuff.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I'm actually surprised someone hasn't tied in with an NCAA application like NFL app.

ATT has their app for the NCAA tourny, but I think that's it.

This would seem much much bigger than any of the pro sports stuff.
    Good idea. Where's that "App Request Thread"??
    I agree, I've been waiting on an NCAA (mostly football) app for a while. Even if you couldn't stream audio, I think the Pre would be perfect for score notifications and such.. Like you have a 'favorite team' (or two) and can 'subscribe' to games ahead of time and then it push's score updates and stuff like that. I think that'd be pretty darn cool. And worth it!
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    You can get score updates and play-by-play descriptions on ESPN's mobile site. It's great on the Pre too because you can keep a separate window open for each game you are following and switch back and forth.
    Global Posts
    197 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    You can get score updates and play-by-play descriptions on ESPN's mobile site. It's great on the Pre too because you can keep a separate window open for each game you are following and switch back and forth.
    Are you sure they were updating, or did you have to hit refresh? I was using it on Sunday for the NFL since NFL Mobile Live was crappin' out....and it seemed to me I had to refresh, but maybe not.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Westmar View Post
    Are you sure they were updating, or did you have to hit refresh? I was using it on Sunday for the NFL since NFL Mobile Live was crappin' out....and it seemed to me I had to refresh, but maybe not.
    Auto-refresh didn't seem to work for me either. I was following several games at once and when I switched back to a window I'd tap refresh to get the update. A live window would be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by reidme View Post
    Yes I understand that, and actually have the SEC scoreboard bookmarked on my Launcher & enjoy using it.

Just saying that this situation is the ideal scenario for a Pre application.
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnLBurger View Post
    Yes I understand that, and actually have the SEC scoreboard bookmarked on my Launcher & enjoy using it.

Just saying that this situation is the ideal scenario for a Pre application.
    Agree 100%. Sorry I misunderstood.