1.    #1  
    I wanted to search for something on Wikipedia, so I typed it into universal search. But this one-named singer I wanted info on happened to share a name with one of my contacts, so the usual Wikipedia, Google, Google Maps, and Twitter buttons disappeared.

I also noticed it happens if what you're searching is in the name of an installed app.

Is their any way of turning this off, or is it just another of the numerous easy-to-fix and rather annoying bugs overlooked by Palm?
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    after you're done typing, tap what you typed (the bar with the magnifying glass, and the word "Find"). this will bring up the options to google, wiki, etc..
    Yeah, I'd qualify this as feature rather than bug... in fact I remember it being a selling point before the phone came out - that is if you were looking for info on the Blue Man Group.
  4.    #4  
    So that's how you do it...

Don't see the point in displaying one or the other (search options vs. contacts/app) when you could just list them all and scroll through em... I still think they should let you choose which of the two it does.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    I actually prefer how it's currently set up. more often than not, if I am searching for a name, its because I want to call that person. i would not like to have to scroll down every time to select their name. however, an option to have the internet searches always present would be fine, so it would be left up to you.