1.    #1  
    So I tiny piece of metal that is on the outer side of the USB port broke. I went to Sprint and they are sending me a new pre, for free. They are not sure if it will be refurbished or not.

I do not really want a refurbished Pre, I want a new one, since I did just buy this phone 4 weeks ago.

How do you know if your sprint phone is refurbished or not?

And should I worry about if the phone is refurbished??

I love this phone but I do not want to keep getting new ones...
    look at your repair receipt.

if it has the letters REC in front of the sku, then it is a refurb they ordered you
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    When you get the phone enter ##786# on the dialer. The info will come up.
  4.    #4  
    There is no REC in front of the skew.

What should I look for when I enter ##786# on the dialer to see if it is new?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It will show the recondition status (yes or no), and the date if it is. It will also show when it was manufactured among other things.

I got a referb and it is perfect!! I wouldn't be relunctent about getting one.
    I've gotten refurb from Sprint in the past and the phone was just like brand new. There's no way you could tell it wasn't brand new by looking at it so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    if u get a phone w/o box, refurb...if its in a new box, with all the fixings....new...
  8.    #8  
    Good to know! Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I've gotten refurb from Sprint in the past and the phone was just like brand new. There's no way you could tell it wasn't brand new by looking at it so I wouldn't worry about it.
    Couldn't be more wrong. I've had plenty of refurbs and with my experience, they were trash. No need to make blanket statements like this, when you can only speak for your own experiences.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    Couldn't be more wrong. I've had plenty of refurbs and with my experience, they were trash. No need to make blanket statements like this, when you can only speak for your own experiences.
    Aren't you doing the EXACT same thing?
    I will be more clear then. I have gotten 3 refurb phones from Sprint in the past and each one looked brand new and they all worked like brand new. If they hadn't I would have just returned them for another phone. I think you'll find from most people their experience with refurbs have been good ones.

And again, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I will be more clear then. I have gotten 3 refurb phones from Sprint in the past and each one looked brand new and they all worked like brand new. If they hadn't I would have just returned them for another phone. I think you'll find from most people their experience with refurbs have been good ones.

And again, I wouldn't worry about it.
    Sprint News & Phone Reviews from SprintUsers

Think again...
    Quote Originally Posted by KSE_rules View Post
    Aren't you doing the EXACT same thing?
    Not so much. While this person makes it seem like no one ever has problems with refurbs, I'm here to correct it and show otherwise.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    My Pre bricked during a WebDoc restore (laptop went to sleep) and got a refurb from Sprint yesterday. Thus far, totally pleased. Works perfectly, slider tighter than my original and (drum roll please) battery life has gone way up. Charged it before bed, woke up 6 hours later and still at 100%. With collecting overnight emails and having a reminder waiting. Topped it up at noon and 4.5 hours later now (with web cruising, emails, calendar checks etc) I'm in roam mode at work with 92% battery.
    Very pleased with this refurb.
    Note this is with the same battery as my bricked Pre had. Refurb came sans battery.
    Active Date 6/6/2009
    Refurb Date 8/13/2009
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lamboh View Post
    if u get a phone w/o box, refurb...if its in a new box, with all the fixings....new...
    That's not true... I got a replacement pre from Sprint & it didn't come in a box & it's brand new (ie, no recondition status).

Just thought I'd share.