Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    i have a small scratch under the screen and a dead pixel or something that looks like it that shines all the time next to the calibration dots and they wouldn't exchange it for me because ive had 4 defective pre's and they blame it on me!
    Umm. If you've returned 4 Pres already, I'd suggest you most likely ARE doing something wrong and I don't really blame them for questioning that.
    TAKE IT TO SPRINT!!!!!...THEY WILL EXCHANGE IT!!..i bought my first pre from best buy, and it had a little screen crack. i took it to sprint, and they exchanged it with no questions asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i have a small scratch under the screen and a dead pixel or something that looks like it that shines all the time next to the calibration dots and they wouldn't exchange it for me because ive had 4 defective pre's and they blame it on me!
    what was wrong with ur other 4? or were u just picky and kept taking them back for tiny glitches (i highly doubt your going to get a 100% perfect one - mine has 2 dead pixels.....but no oreo, no cracks, no slider problems.....so im staying with it....better than having a loose slider)
  5.    #5  
    my other 4 actually had big issues: the oreo, multiple dead pixels, oh and the dreaded light leak. ill live with this one i guess, but i really am not scamming these people so im pretty pissed they were like that...
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    sounds like u need a miss pixi
  7.    #7  
    i only exchanged my pre once. they kept giving me defective ones at the store and they realized it so they only gave me the one that was decent and thats the one i have now, so its not like i left the store and came back 4 times...
    Either way everyone here giving this guy crap for wanting to get his money worth out of exspensive phone he bought should go pound sand or send some of that extra money you have floating around since you don't seem to care for it as much as the OP or myself.
    Please suggest how you would handle this. (thanks in advance)

I bought my PRE on 8/26/09. I have been with Sprint for years now and have never returned a phone before. I bought the phone @ Best Buy btw.

My PRE gets very hot and I do have the "oreo" issue. I would like to exchange for another PRE. How should I go about communicating this to them? And should I exchange @ Sprint instead of Best Buy. And should I delete Homebrew Apps which are the only thing I have done to my PRE?...just thought that may void warranty somehow. No other mods done.
  10.    #10  
    i deleted all my homebrew apps when i went and that sounds 2 LEGITIMATE reasons and if they dont give you a new one they dont care about their customers. after my service at best buy today i would recommend you go to the sprint store too btw and be friendly about it (:
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    All of them are going to get hot, it is a smartphone with a powerful CPU. All of them are going to have some degree of oreo. If you have no real problems with it, just keep it.
    Call 1-888-BEST-BUY and explain the situation. I know it's an extra step but they will be able to resolve your issue.
  13. a2k
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    I wouldn't settle for less!!!
    Exchange it until the cows come home!
    Thanks for the quick replies...much appreciated!
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    When you say it gets hot, is that when charging or using it?

If you charge it from the wall socket or the touchstone, it will get hot. If you charge it from a computer, it won't.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Have any of you guys exchanged your Pre's after 30 days? My 30 days was just up on the 8th and I'm having some issues with my Pre.
    Your phone is warrantied by Palm for 1 year. If your store or Sprint won't help you, call Palm. They will.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    483 Global Posts
    Did the phone come with the scratch, or is it something you did? If it came with it you should have pointed it out when you got it. If the scratch is from something that happened while in your possession, then Best Buy is correct.
  19.    #19  
    it most definitely did NOT happen by my doing and its UNDER the screen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms_Kady View Post
    Have any of you guys exchanged your Pre's after 30 days? My 30 days was just up on the 8th and I'm having some issues with my Pre.
    After 30 Days the warranty and any returns or exchanges should be handled by the Sprint store. In the first 30 days they make you take it to where you bought it. so if you bought it at someplace other than a Sprint corporate store (i.e.e Best Buy, Radis Shack, etc.) then you will need to take it there.

If it is truly defective they should exchange it.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast