Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42
  1. #21  
    I've never seen a phone with a scratch come out of a sealed box.

    Also exchanging a phone if it's truly defective is cool.. But if you do a zillion exchanges, I think your standards are too high.. if you want a perfect phone, then buying the pre was not for you. You guys are going to put Palm out of business.

    My pre has an orea effect, I saw this and realized it wasn't right.. however I know most pre's have this prob, so did I do exchanges? nope. I paid the same $200 as everyone else.
  2. fwinst's Avatar
    Posts
    715 Posts
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by joshwithachance View Post
    i have a small scratch under the screen and a dead pixel or something that looks like it that shines all the time next to the calibration dots and they wouldn't exchange it for me because ive had 4 defective pre's and they blame it on me!
    I've had issues returning items to Bust Buy myself. That is why I have not shopped there in over 2 years. Most other retailers will match best buy pricing, so I just save myself the potential frustration and go elsewhere.
  3. #23  
    Best Buy is VERY ANAL about multiple returns with certain items. I had 5 XBOX 360's go the way of the "Red Ring Of Death", and the 4th and 5th one were like pulling teeth to get replaced. It used to be back in the old days that you could get the protection plan on an electronic device and return it as defective as many times as you wanted. I think people used it almost like a "technology upgrade", meaning they would buy an item and then just return it as "defective" right before the protection plan ended in order to get the upgraded model of whatever they had. Circuit City used to be the same way...then they started FORCING repairs instead of replacing the item. I would still try to go higher up the food chain at Best Buy, and see what happens. The problem is...they are really the "only game in town" for most folks. GOOD LUCK! I hope it all works out for you.
    I likey take apart thingies....
  4. #24  
    Everyone is hesitant to replace anything the 4th+ time. Wouldn't you be suspicious at that point? Most people deal with minor issues in hardware and never return their phones.

    In regards to the OS they can't say anything about homebrew apps or os tweaks. Especially when the warranty issue is hardware related.
    Lovin Sprint, and the Pre.
  5. #25  
    I have that same problem OP. A pixel sized defect I can see right next to the grid even when the phone's off. I just learned to live with it.
  6. drizek's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Best Buy is VERY ANAL about multiple returns with certain items. I had 5 XBOX 360's go the way of the "Red Ring Of Death", and the 4th and 5th one were like pulling teeth to get replaced. It used to be back in the old days that you could get the protection plan on an electronic device and return it as defective as many times as you wanted. I think people used it almost like a "technology upgrade", meaning they would buy an item and then just return it as "defective" right before the protection plan ended in order to get the upgraded model of whatever they had. Circuit City used to be the same way...then they started FORCING repairs instead of replacing the item. I would still try to go higher up the food chain at Best Buy, and see what happens. The problem is...they are really the "only game in town" for most folks. GOOD LUCK! I hope it all works out for you.

    The chance of having 5 RRODs is somewhere less than 1%. They had every right to be suspicious. Chances are you were doing something to exasperate the problem.
  7. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #27  
    Well, I'm on my 4th Pre. The first had the screen flickering when I was opening it. The second had a bad Oreo and discolored LCD at the bottom (really visible). The third could not power up when shut down, unless I pressed for a long time the button, next to crush the phone (I know how to turn on a phone, pressing the button with normal pressure for 30 secs would not do anything). BTW, that made the phone wobble because the strong way I was pressing the defective power button.

    The first 2 phones were dealt with Bell stores (horrible shopping experience). The last 2 were purchased/exchanged on a Future Shop (impeccable customer service). Bell employees nickel and dime me to death asking me why the phones broke. Ridiculous. Because Palm decided to do a really cheap built? The Future Shop guys were super sport, no broken balls and super quick exchange service.

    So if my 4th phone breaks, it means I don't know how to use a phone? Kmon guys. I think I never treated my girlfriend as gentle as I did with those phones. It is ridiculous to say that someone did something wrong if the previous phones got broken, when you are able to see that the defective part is due to a cheap built.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Well, I'm on my 4th Pre. The first had the screen flickering when I was opening it. The second had a bad Oreo and discolored LCD at the bottom (really visible). The third could not power up when shut down, unless I pressed for a long time the button, next to crush the phone (I know how to turn on a phone, pressing the button with normal pressure for 30 secs would not do anything). BTW, that made the phone wobble because the strong way I was pressing the defective power button.

    The first 2 phones were dealt with Bell stores (horrible shopping experience). The last 2 were purchased/exchanged on a Future Shop (impeccable customer service). Bell employees nickel and dime me to death asking me why the phones broke. Ridiculous. Because Palm decided to do a really cheap built? The Future Shop guys were super sport, no broken balls and super quick exchange service.

    So if my 4th phone breaks, it means I don't know how to use a phone? Kmon guys. I think I never treated my girlfriend as gentle as I did with those phones. It is ridiculous to say that someone did something wrong if the previous phones got broken, when you are able to see that the defective part is due to a cheap built.
    LMFAO ikr! i treat my phones better than anything and for them to blame ME when i just got the phone 4 days before is just rude. it's not my fault that im not a technotard...

    but to update y'all, im going to live with it because for some reason it just randomly stopped bothering me (:

    oh and p.s. im sorry to hear about the your stories as well. seems like companies really do only care about money and not the customers satisfaction -_-
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    I think people used it almost like a "technology upgrade", meaning they would buy an item and then just return it as "defective" right before the protection plan ended in order to get the upgraded model of whatever they had.

    It's funny you mention that. Years ago, when the original xbox was the new hot thing, I picked one up at a game store at the local mall. They convinced me to buy their warranty, which they claimed was 100% coverage for anything but theft or loss.

    The told me that as long as they could still make out the serial number on the underside of the console they would replace it with a new one, no questions asked, and he actually suggested to me that I could hit my console with a hammer the day before the warranty expired and bring it in for a replacement so I'd have any updates and upgrades, and have a new model.

    I went ahead and bought the insurance, but when my 1 year rolled around, I just couldn't bring myself to do anything that dirty, even if the guy at the store had suggested it.
  10. #30  
    josh - if it bugs you at all, exchange it. That's what the 30 day policy is for - don't accept it just because BB is giving you a hard time. If they give you a hard time, ask them to review the 30 policy with you - the actual written policy.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    The chance of having 5 RRODs is somewhere less than 1%. They had every right to be suspicious. Chances are you were doing something to exasperate the problem.

    Twasn't me sir.....twas a faulty outlet at my house....thank god for the RROD because if I hadn't had that happen, I might have had my house burn down...and then BB would have had a whole SLEW of burnt and melted returns to deal with, because everything I buy from BB is protected
    Last edited by powerbyte; 09/14/2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: spelled because wrong, and I am anal
    I likey take apart thingies....
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    josh - if it bugs you at all, exchange it. That's what the 30 day policy is for - don't accept it just because BB is giving you a hard time. If they give you a hard time, ask them to review the 30 policy with you - the actual written policy.
    ill keep that in mind! <3
  13. #33  
    What the hell is oreo?
  14. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by makokiller View Post
    What the hell is oreo?
    the top and bottom parts twist, like an oreo cookie.
  15. NxTech3's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    596 Global Posts
    #35  
    if youre in your thirty days take back to BB, they have to swap it out. My feeling is this, i wouldnt buy a cellular product from some place like "The" Shack or Best Buy, even if they are offering an "instant" rebate instead of mail-in. I'd go directly to a Sprint store No matter what, im going to get the same price, if not better because its direct Sprint and with the right finesse, you can get something for free, also i can directly blame Sprint for anything that happens instead of them telling me to go to Best Buy.
  16. Phenom's Avatar
    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    #36  
    Best Buy didn't want to take back my phone (light leak) but I didn't press the case. Since I got it during the $99 snafu, I wasn't going to threaten to just return it w/i my 30 day period. But eventually I'll probably give Palm a call because it's getting worse & worse is is occurring on both sides of the screen. But I think with Palm you have to actually send it in and be w/o your phone for a few days, so I'll wait until the right time. Actually, I'll call them tomorrow and see what they say.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Either way everyone here giving this guy crap for wanting to get his money worth out of exspensive phone he bought should go pound sand or send some of that extra money you have floating around since you don't seem to care for it as much as the OP or myself.
    agree 1000%
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Boostin View Post
    I've never seen a phone with a scratch come out of a sealed box.

    Also exchanging a phone if it's truly defective is cool.. But if you do a zillion exchanges, I think your standards are too high.. if you want a perfect phone, then buying the pre was not for you. You guys are going to put Palm out of business.

    My pre has an orea effect, I saw this and realized it wasn't right.. however I know most pre's have this prob, so did I do exchanges? nope. I paid the same $200 as everyone else.
    So? When the BB Tours came out, People had VZW branded Tours with Sprint OS's on them. Pictures of people from the manufacturing plant at RIM, etc. Just because YOU haven't experienced anything, doesn't mean it never happens, or that it couldn't happen.
  19. #39  
    I have replaced my Pre 99 times so far and I don't see why Best Buy would balk at only 4 times.

    You people giving this poor guy a hard time should be disgusted with yourselves.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    When you say it gets hot, is that when charging or using it?

    If you charge it from the wall socket or the touchstone, it will get hot. If you charge it from a computer, it won't.
    thats because the USB doesn't charge it as fast, and supplies a lower current.

    I've never had my Pre get 'too' hot unless I have it tethering with the screen timer off for over 2 hrs... then its HOT! but I can still hold it clasped between both hands (standard test for lithium batts) so its still not TOO hot.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions