Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I've never sold a cell phone before but I will be doing just that when the HTC Hero is available. I know the person I'm going to sell my Pre to, and she is a Sprint customer. Is there anything I need to know before I do, such as Sprint policies, procedures etc. Will she have to do anything special as well? Is this even possbile? Thanks.
  2. #2  
    Ask a sprint rep but as far as I know nothing special is needed & she doesn't even need to renew her contract
  3. awrnsmn's Avatar
    Posts
    646 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #3  
    I would suggest webosdoc to make sure it is clean for both of you!! That will put it back to factory original.
  4. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #4  
    She'll need to get on one of the approved 'pre' plans with unlimited data and messaging.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    I've never sold a cell phone before but I will be doing just that when the HTC Hero is available. I know the person I'm going to sell my Pre to, and she is a Sprint customer. Is there anything I need to know before I do, such as Sprint policies, procedures etc. Will she have to do anything special as well? Is this even possbile? Thanks.
    Just make certain you wipe it back to original and then have her do the swap via her web account. Since she is not purchasing the phone from Sprint, she won't have to take a two or more year contract.

    I won an eBay Auction - sans reserve - his mistake cause no one else bid on the item so I got it for next to nothing. When it arrived I just logged into Sprint.com with my account, activated the new Pre as a replacement phone to my main line for my business account, and it was up and running in less than 3 minutes. No idiots to talk to, no one to sell me any add-ons, no one to give me any grief. I have a $99.00 per month "unlimited everything" plan on that phone and the only add-on I have is the insurance. Trust me, I run several thousand minutes per month when I'm working on some projects, so the unlimited everything plan more than pays for itself.

    I had one phone stolen when someone in a fast-food restaurant literally took it off my belt while I was paying for my meal. It got replaced under the plan a couple of years ago. The cashier was yelling, "Hey, dude, some guy just stole your cell phone," as he was making change for me. Pretty funny stuff as it happened.

    I love technology.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    She'll need to get on one of the approved 'pre' plans with unlimited data and messaging.
    Actually, I don't know that you're right (someone, back me up here?) I believe the data plans are only required to get the extra $100 rebate. I might be wrong though.

    Also, you don't have to do WebOSDoctor to clear it, just go into device info and select reset options. The last option is to completely wipe the phone to factory, including all settings, apps, and even the music and photos saved on the usb drive, as they call it.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmerman272 View Post
    Actually, I don't know that you're right (someone, back me up here?) I believe the data plans are only required to get the extra $100 rebate. I might be wrong though.

    Also, you don't have to do WebOSDoctor to clear it, just go into device info and select reset options. The last option is to completely wipe the phone to factory, including all settings, apps, and even the music and photos saved on the usb drive, as they call it.


    You are correct in the statement you might be wrong! The Pre works so well by constantly updating via the web so your friend will have to have an unlimited data plan. Sprint wont activate it w/o that.

    That setting for wiping the phone does nothing for any tweaks and as soon as soon as it updates from your palm profile it will reset your personal info as well as apps.

    The best way to do it right is to Dr. it.
  8. #8  
    Should be no problem. Though you may want to consider ebay - I sold a used one a few days ago with extra bat, leather case and touchstone and got almost $400 for it!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    You are correct in the statement you might be wrong! The Pre works so well by constantly updating via the web so your friend will have to have an unlimited data plan. Sprint wont activate it w/o that.

    That setting for wiping the phone does nothing for any tweaks and as soon as soon as it updates from your palm profile it will reset your personal info as well as apps.

    The best way to do it right is to Dr. it.
    Eh crap. I tried... and failed miserably. I thought you could still activate it, but I'm going to go with you on this one.
  10. #10  
    Not to start a flamewar here, but I wouldn't sell my Pre unless the circumstances required it and dictated otherwise. The HTC Hero is also an excellent phone, but I've had an iPhone prior to my Pre, and the onscreen keyboard (with no option of a physical one) got old fast. I also don't really like the Android platform so much. I much prefer webOS since I've been playing with it for the past week, and since playing with it at Sprint stores prior to owning a Pre.

    Before learning about and playing with the Pre I too had my heart set on the Hero. I've wanted it since before it was announced for Sprint. I wanted it when it was the "chinned" GSM version that's being sold in the UK right now. When it comes out I'll give it a shot and if it intrigues me enough I'll "upgrade" to it, but I highly doubt that'll happen. I was an early adopter of the iPhone way back in 2007, and it had a slow start. Same with the Pre. It's having a slow start, but once the App Catalog is open to all developers etc I think the Pre/Pixi will really kick off. I by no means think that the Pre/Pixi is an "iPhone killer". I feel it's a worthy competitor to the iPhone.

    Yeah, and do what everyone else has said in regards to factory defaulting your Pre. WebOSDoctor it.

    Anyways, have fun with the Hero. I'll try it out when available and I'll post my impressions of it here.

Posting Permissions