Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    Initially I was annoyed by the lack of a scrubbing bar. But now I'm wondering what is it good for.

    I grumble about the lack of the scrubber when I want to resume playing a track, because, as of 1.1, Music app does not remember the location after exiting.

    But if it did remember the location, would scrubbing still be necessary? When do you see yourself using it?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  2. #2  
    A what? "SCROLL bar," you mean?

    Try the homebrew app, Music Remixed.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by tennenho View Post
    A what? "SCROLL bar," you mean?

    Try the homebrew app, Music Remixed.
    I don't have any homebrew apps, just wondering if it's a useful feature. Do you find yourself using it on the Remixed app?
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  4. #4  
    I'm pretty sure OP is right about the scrubbing part. Anyway, I still see the usefulness of such a feature especially in long songs (techno, etc), when you just feel like hearing the good parts.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Initially I was annoyed by the lack of a scrubbing bar. But now I'm wondering what is it good for.

    I grumble about the lack of the scrubber when I want to resume playing a track, because, as of 1.1, Music app does not remember the location after exiting.

    But if it did remember the location, would scrubbing still be necessary? When do you see yourself using it?
    This was my biggest gripe with the original music player and my main motivation to start the Remix project. The way I use it is to quickly go forward or back in a track to a favorite part of the song.

    With the bookmarking feature, I guess I could save those favorite parts; however, there are times when I may listen to a song and want to re-listen to a certain part of it. The slider comes in handy there. Also, knowing where you are in the track without having to switch to playlist view is nice.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Audiobooks.

    Plus I like to listen to the beginning of Eye of the Tiger and the drum fill in Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" multiple times per day.
    That gave me a pretty good chuckle. Thanks.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  7. #7  
    Does a unicorn need its horn? Does a brook need to babble? These questions and more will be addressed in webOS 1.2

    and yes we need a scrubber =)
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Plus I like to listen to the beginning of Eye of the Tiger and the drum fill in Phil Collins "In the Air Tonight" multiple times per day.
    Chuckle about this, but now that you're asking me, I'm starting to question whether it was a joke or not, which actually makes it even funnier.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  9. #9  
    A scrubbing bar is SHOULD pretty much be a given with ANY music player, not an afterthought
  10. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Siteoner View Post
    A scrubbing bar is SHOULD pretty much be a given with ANY music player, not an afterthought
    exactly. You'd think that a company so obsessed with providing the "iTunes" experience wouldn't forget the importance of giving us the "iPod" experience at the very least. A scrubber is standard stuff so its omission is surprising.

    IMO, the whole media player needs to be rewritten because separate apps for video/music is unecessary . Plus, give us a way to remove the amazon store that seems to cause the slow opening of the music app.

    I know I'm griping but I've reverted back to an ipod for music because of how poor the media player is so there's nothing wrong with wanting improvements in future revisions.

Posting Permissions