Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Seems to me that instead of focusing on fixing the issues with the Pre, PALM has been more focused on pushing out the "Pixi", which is a big F*** Y** to all us early Pre adopters. For PALM to have working prototypes of this phone out and about already, they had to have started manufacturing it as soon as the Pre was released. Is that the reason for all the Pre shortages? Is that the reason people with severe "oreoing" were denied returns over and over? Is that the reason the App catalog is still in Beta? Is that the reason we are still waiting on an update that actually fixes something? If so that really sucks PALM.

    And being that the Pixi isnt ready for launch just yet, will us Pre users have to wait even longer to get our issues resolved? Or is PALM now shifting their focus to the "Pegasus" or "Prairie", their next hardware project?
  2. Ottoa2000's Avatar
    Posts
    79 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #2  
    I can always tell when a poster is an only child.
  3. #3  
    because 1.2 will fix all your problems and make all your childhood dreams come true.
  4. #4  
    Not even close OP LMAO!
  5. loupy's Avatar
    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoa2000 View Post
    I can always tell when a poster is an only child.
    Thanks! ROFL!!
  6. nilemann's Avatar
    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #6  
    Don't both phones run the same os ... I don't follow the logic of the op.
  7. #7  
    I think 1.2 is delayed for a fix for iTunes sync, which is stupid if you ask me.

    1.2 has so many important features such as email search etc, to focus on the crap like iTunes sync is beyond stupidity.

    Rubinstein needs get over the grudge of apple, and thinks about our users, just freaking endorse songbird already.
  8. #8  
    Like what was already said, the update wouldn't be related to Pixie.

    Pixie was running webOS 1.2 when they demoed it and Palm has always done its QA via the Pixie's lower resolution so I cannot see anyway in which the Pixie could be blamed for this.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Rubinstein needs get over the grudge of apple, and thinks about our users, just freaking endorse songbird already.
    While I agree they need to stop focusing on iTunes (perhaps shipping their own tool that uses the iTunes API would be better, since that's actually okay with Apple) but... Songbird sucks.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    While I agree they need to stop focusing on iTunes (perhaps shipping their own tool that uses the iTunes API would be better, since that's actually okay with Apple) but... Songbird sucks.
    or just use windows media player, media monkey, amarok. Songbird is no more slower than iTunes on windows anyway.

    options are there, holding on to apple makes absolutely no sense to me. iTunes maybe the best option on mac (if they actually have any other decent options), but its far from best on windows.
  11. Demodocus's Avatar
    Posts
    32 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    While I agree they need to stop focusing on iTunes (perhaps shipping their own tool that uses the iTunes API would be better, since that's actually okay with Apple) but... Songbird sucks.
    Ya...Songbird is close to being a really good media solution, but its not quite there yet. Too many issues still...it feels like early software.
  12. #12  
    I really like the part about Palm not releasing any updates that have fixed anything. OP must not have been around for 1.02, 1.03, 1.04, or 1.1, all of which fixed things. This is not exactly a big "F*** Y**" in my opinion.
  13. #13  
    Again, like someone posted elsewhere, why are you all making up reasons palm 'delayed' the update and then bashing them for it?

    Wow, you all need to put the phone down, go outside, take a breather.
  14. #14  
    It is the Pixi's fault... you should find one and beat it up!
  15. #15  
    The stupid part, Palm is relying on Apple. Palm needs to come up with their own solution.


    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think 1.2 is delayed for a fix for iTunes sync, which is stupid if you ask me.

    1.2 has so many important features such as email search etc, to focus on the crap like iTunes sync is beyond stupidity.

    Rubinstein needs get over the grudge of apple, and thinks about our users, just freaking endorse songbird already.
  16. #16  
    can someone show me WHERE palm said they delayed because of itunes?

    can someone also show me how we got this idea of a 'delayed' update? (besides on the sprint website?)

    we obviously cant trust what sprint says...remember the whole 100$ service credit to palm switchers they had for all of six hours?

    give me a break, people
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Seems to me that instead of focusing on fixing the issues with the Pre, PALM has been more focused on pushing out the "Pixi", which is a big F*** Y** to all us early Pre adopters.
    The Pixi is software compatible with the Pre, so it would only be hardware teams (if anyone) involved with Pixi roll-out issues. My guess (hope) is that the hardware/design issues would have been done prior to manufacturing, so no, even the hardware teams would not be taxed by manufacturig production of the Pixi.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    For PALM to have working prototypes of this phone out and about already, they had to have started manufacturing it as soon as the Pre was released. Is that the reason for all the Pre shortages?
    I guess that depends on whether the same manufacturers changed production lines over from the Pre to the Pixi. This is certainly possible.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Is that the reason people with severe "oreoing" were denied returns over and over?
    I hope this doesn't shock you, but all Pre's will eventually oreo. It's a design issue. The oreo effect is unfortunate but something that can be lived with. I think they should train the in-store repair people how to repair oreo'ing.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Is that the reason the App catalog is still in Beta?
    Once again, this would be a totally separate team and this has noting to do with a Pixi rollout.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Is that the reason we are still waiting on an update that actually fixes something? If so that really sucks PALM.
    For a person who has had every Palm phone since the Treo 600, you should remember how long the updates took for the 600, 650, and 700p. I think the 755 and the Centro were the only phones that did not require major updates. (I never had either of these later phones, but they had an advantage out of the starting gate over the others.)

    Regarding whether the updates actually fix anything, the WebOS 1.03 and 1.1 updates did make fixes without introducing new bugs, so this part of your argument is weak at best. The leaked "in progress" 1.2 work showed fixes of the kind you were probably expecting. Did you read the posts describing the behavior from people who installed the leaked WebOS 1.2?

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    And being that the Pixi isnt ready for launch just yet, will us Pre users have to wait even longer to get our issues resolved?
    I really don't think the wait for WebOS 1.2 will be much longer. I suspect they found another issue late in their testing cycle that they wanted to fix and needed to make that fix and restart their entire test cycle. If this happened, it probably means that the real WebOS 1.2 (WebOS 1.2.1?) may have some additional fixes beyond what was seen in the leaked version (that would have been to risky to add without going through a full QA test cycle). I wouldn't bank on this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit more than in the leaked version either.

    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson View Post
    Or is PALM now shifting their focus to the "Pegasus" or "Prairie", their next hardware project?
    I think fear and hysteria have gotten the best of your ability to think rationally. Again, any new/future hardware project would not be taxing Palm's ability to roll out WebOS software updates. The software team is probably more concerned with optimizing the current WebOS. They know they need to accomplish this ASAP for their survival. (The holiday shopping season starts around Thanksgiving, so they need a solid WebOS 1.x as well as some compelling apps in a non-beta app store by then. This means they need to get WebOS 1.2 out in the next week (or two at the most) in order to allow developers time to write some good apps.

    So yes, the situation is not rosy, but it is nowhere near as bad as you are making it out to be either. The pixi definitely solves the oreo problem and brings a 2nd WebOS phone to market, which will increase the demand for WebOS software applications. This increases profitability for developers and will attract more and better developers. Palm is not dead. They are working hard, and will be able to compete based on their merits. This is a much better Palm than we saw in the days of the Treos.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  18. cashen's Avatar
    Posts
    759 Posts
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    #18  
    I really don't think so, i mean, any software update would benefit both...

    Palm should have worked with HTC in manufacturing the Pre.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    Palm should have worked with HTC in manufacturing the Pre.
    Agreed.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  20. #20  
    this pixi hate has gotta stop!

    poor lil' pixi... no love for her
    .
    .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions