Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know you can play the music on your iPhone in your car via FM transmitter. Does anyone know if this works with the pre? I dont see why it wouldnt, but if can get confirmation that would be great!
    Also, is there any way to listen to your music and charge your phone at the same time in your car? that would be awesome. And i dont mean using the touchstone.
    A FM transmitter makes nothing but taking the signal,that comes over the 3.5 inch headphone dingeling and sent it to the radio. It doesn't care what device plays the music. So why it shouldt work? It works with all mobile devices
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I listen to music on my Pre in my car, but I do it via bluetooth. I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with Microsoft Sync and it provides an AD2P compatible headset and stereo speaker system that the Pre can use for phones and music. Sound pretty damn good too.
  4.    #4  
    Damn my brother has that car too! And it is a damn nice car. I dont think i can do that with a 1998 Honda Accord ... lol ... Anyways, i think i know how i can play it now. With a 3.5 mm jack that connects from my AC adapter to my pre. I just need another way to charge my pre because i have a car holder for devices such as the pre, iphone, ipods. thats already connected to the ac adapter in order to play the music. hmmm...
    yes fm transmitter works i do it all the time lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by SlikDesignz View Post
    Damn my brother has that car too! And it is a damn nice car. I dont think i can do that with a 1998 Honda Accord ... lol ... Anyways, i think i know how i can play it now. With a 3.5 mm jack that connects from my AC adapter to my pre. I just need another way to charge my pre because i have a car holder for devices such as the pre, iphone, ipods. thats already connected to the ac adapter in order to play the music. hmmm...
    You mean your car only has 1 power port that you are already using for the Aux Adapter/Fm transmitter thing? Just go to PepBoys, Advanced, or any other little car place for that matter, or even the internet, and get one of those cheap little "Add a power point" thingymadiggys. It's just a strip or a box that plugs into the power point, and has 3 or 4 plugs in the box. That way you use your 1 plug for this new unit, plug your car holder/Aux input thing into the new box, and have 2 or 3 plugs left to charge your Pre and what not.
    My car has a plug for something that looks like the headset jack, and when you plug into it, the sound plays over the radio.

We got a cord with the headset jack on both ends and plugged from the Pre into the receiver in the glove box and we had music.

Very low tech, very cheap and great result!!
    i use a $30 scoshe FM transmitter I got from wal-mart. It works great and has a USB port on it so I can charge the Pre while playing music. I just use the cable that came with the Pre, and I've used this method to charge the pre even when I wasn't listening to music. Also, the FM transmitter will send all audio through the car speakers, so this works for phone calls too.
    Check out the Motorola T505. Pick one up on ebay for ~$30....you won't be disapointed.
    I use a Motora T505. It takes the signal via bluetooth and the routes it via an FM transmitter to your stereo leaving your charging port free for a charger. It works very well and can be had for $50 if you look around.

edit
    beat to the punch, thats what I get for getting sidetracked after opening the tab.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dianagr View Post
    My car has a plug for something that looks like the headset jack, and when you plug into it, the sound plays over the radio.

We got a cord with the headset jack on both ends and plugged from the Pre into the receiver in the glove box and we had music.

Very low tech, very cheap and great result!!
    I wish my car radio had a line in plug, right now I have a radio transmitter with a usb port for charging on it, charges tho phone well if I'm only listening to music but if I have navigation running too the phone drains a little still.
    Yea, I would kill for an AUX port, USB, or Bluetooth in my vehicle Only an 05 too, and it's loaded. Oh well. Most vehicles you can also get a device that connects to the back of your factory radio where a CD Changer would connect, and gives you a line in plug, but they are usually around $250. You can get a decent aftermarket radio with an Aux In, Satellite radio, USB and MicroSD in (maybe even stereo bluetooth now) for less than 200. Heck, you can get a decent one with aux and sat for less than 100. Even a 100 aftermarket will be a better radio than a 98 Honda too, so the $250 option is out I just like aux in ports the best, much less quality loss in an Aux port.
    You can get either use a transmitter (which sucks in the city because every other frequency has a strong station), a tape adapter if you have an older head unit, bluetooth, or a line-in. Line in is probably my favorite because you don't have to deal with wireless interference or higher battery drain. Also you can get a decent stereo with line-in for pretty cheap these days ($100 or so. Probably less if you don't need anything fancy). I love hooking up the Pre and plugging in the car charger so I get Shoutcast, Pandora, and navigation piped over the speakers and all needed was a $3 cord with a 3.5mm plug at each end.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I don't use the Pre with my car stereo.
    I picked up a head unit at Walmart for about $80 that pushes my speakers just fine, and it has a USB slot. 2gb card is ultra cheap and holds hundreds of songs. Phone stays in my pocket, no wires to the dash, and I listen to the clean original MP3 file, not diluted by transmitting over radio.
    The pre does A2DP very well (even better in the leaked 1.2). Works with my aftermarket in dash plug in Parrot Mk6100
    Another vote for the T505. I have one and it works great. couple that with Pandora, or your MP3's and you are set.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Man I'm so glad I got a new radio in my truck and I have audio input via 3.5mm jack. Works great and sounds awesome with my 2 12"s. Plus my Explorer has 2 power adapters, so before I got my new radio I could have charged and played from a transmitter. They also have FM transmitters that run off of AA and AAA batteries.
    You guys who use FM transmitters, or BT streaming, should feel VERY blessed that your hearing is not as picky as mine. I seriously cannot listen to BT audio, or FM transmitter, FM radio, or satellite radio without my ears turning bright red after a few minutes. It sounds like complete garbage to me. Any MP3 under 192kbps VBR hurts my ears. I usually do 300+kbps VBR.

I think it also has to do with what kind of sound systems you guys use. Most stock systems don't even have tweeters in the normal sense of the word, so it sounds muddy off the lot.

Seriously, very lucky you guys. I'd much rather be able to listen to FM crap quality and not care... life would be much easier, and cheaper, so that I wouldn't have to persue audiophile-grade equipment for my car, home, work, etc.
    no 'Thanks'
    Those tape cassettes with a cord works, you just have the cord dangling though. Then the Touch stone on a phone holder that holds the phone will keep it charging as well. Nut then again the power cord.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    You guys who use FM transmitters, or BT streaming, should feel VERY blessed that your hearing is not as picky as mine. I seriously cannot listen to BT audio, or FM transmitter, FM radio, or satellite radio without my ears turning bright red after a few minutes. It sounds like complete garbage to me. Any MP3 under 192kbps VBR hurts my ears. I usually do 300+kbps VBR.

I think it also has to do with what kind of sound systems you guys use. Most stock systems don't even have tweeters in the normal sense of the word, so it sounds muddy off the lot.

Seriously, very lucky you guys. I'd much rather be able to listen to FM crap quality and not care... life would be much easier, and cheaper, so that I wouldn't have to persue audiophile-grade equipment for my car, home, work, etc.
    lmao. no comments. actually one comment. are you being serious?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast