Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    lmao. no comments. actually one comment. are you being serious?
    dead serious. I envy your ability to listen to crummy quality.
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    I still hear enough road noise to realize having a higher sampling rate is money thrown away being picky about music in a moving vehicle..

But you know my wife can't tell the difference between HD and non HD at home on the big screen so maybe your hearing is just a few notches above most of us. I have often thought some people were in a different world in what they see, hear, etc. Sort of like some people say that deer see with what would be 20x binoculars compared to our site.

Whatever... Back to the subject at hand. I have Bluetooth broadcasting to my in dash stereo but think the 3.8 jack to jack is much better soundwise. Just not as pretty...

G..
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I understand what he is talking about. Lower quality mp3s tend to compress the crap out of the high end, which in turn will cause cymbals to sound "wavy" and the bass is just muddy. Most of the time I don't mind, but I'm generally making mp3s at VBR 192 or 256 and that's alright.

It's much like some of you can't tell the difference between accuradio and pandora.

I don't like FM transmittors. They generally do a bad job of transmitting. I have an aux port that I put into my head unit. This seems to work best, besides an actual cd. Bluetooth also sounds a little strange. Seems a little high pitched for me. Maybe that's just my experience though.
    Hey All

I have an iPhone and I'm able to use a FM transmitter to make and receive calls via the car speaker system.

I tried setting up the Pre with the same FM transmitter for my friend. She had no problem listening to songs. When she received calls, she could hear me through the speaker system but I could not hear her. I was only able to hear her when she pressed the "speaker" button. However, when she did that, my voice came from the speaker behind the phone and not the car speaker system at her end.

Is there some setting on the phone that resolves this, is it something to do with the FM transmitter or can she not use a FM transmitter to make/receive calls on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by jsr_106 View Post
    Hey All

I have an iPhone and I'm able to use a FM transmitter to make and receive calls via the car speaker system.

I tried setting up the Pre with the same FM transmitter for my friend. She had no problem listening to songs. When she received calls, she could hear me through the speaker system but I could not hear her. I was only able to hear her when she pressed the "speaker" button. However, when she did that, my voice came from the speaker behind the phone and not the car speaker system at her end.

Is there some setting on the phone that resolves this, is it something to do with the FM transmitter or can she not use a FM transmitter to make/receive calls on the Pre?
    no its a problem with palm, they changed this in an update at some point. it used to work just like you want it to
  6. Evansgw
    I think a Motorola T605 and Touchstone are the way to go.

If you install the T605 yourself, you can probably do a nice clean TS install at the same time.
    I have a Sony headunit in my car with USB port and 3.5mm Aux outlet.

I can search for my song playlist through my headunit while its charging my phone.
    I like it, just like an Ipod. The only downside is USB mode makes me unable to accept phonecalls, something that I hope can be changed. As of now I listen to slacker and pandora with the 3.5mm audio jack (with my pre still charging via USB), that way I can take calls and text. Best thing about that is text messages sounds and call alerts come though my speakers.
    I live in SoCal and the FM band is really jambed up, tried the FM transmitter thingamajig and would not work and was frustrated at the time because I could not play my ipod in my Mazda 6. I went online and found a website where they sold a box that I could plug my ipod into that plugged into a CD changer port at the back of my car's stereo, sweet! Could use my controls on my steering wheel to change/skip tracks. Another feature of this unit is it also has a headphone jack where I can also connect my pre up to, even sweeter cause now I cannot only play music off my pre but also internet music. If anyone is in the same situation as me the website is:

Neo Car Audio :: The leader in OEM integration.

Enjoy your pre in your car!!!
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    You guys who use FM transmitters, or BT streaming, should feel VERY blessed that your hearing is not as picky as mine. I seriously cannot listen to BT audio, or FM transmitter, FM radio, or satellite radio without my ears turning bright red after a few minutes. It sounds like complete garbage to me. Any MP3 under 192kbps VBR hurts my ears. I usually do 300+kbps VBR.

I think it also has to do with what kind of sound systems you guys use. Most stock systems don't even have tweeters in the normal sense of the word, so it sounds muddy off the lot.

Seriously, very lucky you guys. I'd much rather be able to listen to FM crap quality and not care... life would be much easier, and cheaper, so that I wouldn't have to persue audiophile-grade equipment for my car, home, work, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by joejoe1 View Post
    lmao. no comments. actually one comment. are you being serious?

haha exactly what i was thinking
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    dead serious. I envy your ability to listen to crummy quality.
    lol this is funny so i am adding this to my signature lol
    I just plug in my cable, switch to "AUX" (on the car) and play my music with no problems thru my car speakers - no problem. At one time I could also receive phone calls but have not done it recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaNoHair View Post
    I just plug in my cable, switch to "AUX" (on the car) and play my music with no problems thru my car speakers - no problem. At one time I could also receive phone calls but have not done it recently.
    Newer car stereos come with aux. ports, cars a few years older and more do not have that luxury.
    I recently purchased a Soundfly BT Ultimate Bluetooth Car Fm Transmitter. That plus a Touchstone in my car makes for an awesome wireless handsfree car setup with the Pre. Listen to music, have the music pause or mute when a call comes in, talk on the phone hands free with good sound. The sound quality is reasonable, but being an FM transmitter is not going to make an audiophile happy.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
  14. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    CHeck out the Motorola T505. Get music and calls over your speakers. Plus the noise canceling mic works great. No more headset or holding the phone by your ear. T505 ;lets you be completely hands and earphone free.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12