1.    #1  
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I must say it is an outstanding place to learn about my Pre.

My question is, is there a way to get caller ID like land lines on our phones? My cousin has the G1 with T-Mobile, and he gets the number and name just like one would receive on a land line. I beleive he has a subscription or software download through White Pages. I must say it is a very cool feature, and I was wondering if we have access to something like this with the Pre from Sprint. Thanks
    You mean of everyone, not just contacts? That'd be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by ms2knights View Post
    Hi,

I am new to this forum, and I must say it is an outstanding place to learn about my Pre.

My question is, is there a way to get caller ID like land lines on our phones? My cousin has the G1 with T-Mobile, and he gets the number and name just like one would receive on a land line. I beleive he has a subscription or software download through White Pages. I must say it is a very cool feature, and I was wondering if we have access to something like this with the Pre from Sprint. Thanks
    I don't believe cell networks pass the whole caller ID string... The fact that your cousin has a subscription confirms that it's probably pulling data against the online database just as a call comes in to the phone - GSM support simultaneous voice and data on 3G networks which, I believe, makes this possible.

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    You mean of everyone, not just contacts? That'd be cool.
    I agree, that would be very cool. I just wish I was able to have that too. He is able to view every call that comes in besides blocked or unknown numbers that is.