Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my biggest gripe with the pixie is its name. i couldn't buy it with a name like that and still call myself a straight man.

"hey dude, what phone did you get?"
    "its a palm pixie."
    "did it come with a boyfriend too?"
  2. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    my biggest gripe with the pixie is its name. i couldn't buy it with a name like that and still call myself a straight man.

"its a palm pixie."
    Homophobia is hilarous.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post

"its a palm pixie."
    It's PIXI dude... not Pixie!! So you can continue to do your man grunts. sheesh.
    BTW, when you buy a PIXI, it will come with some complementary accessories.

PIXI...pixie...it still sounds..."happy."
  5. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    It's PIXI dude... not Pixie!! So you can continue to do your man grunts. sheesh.
    BTW, when you buy a PIXI, it will come with some complementary accessories.

Someone needs to tell tech writers that - if you go over to google news and search for the "palm PixiE" a lot of stories come up..
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Someone needs to tell tech writers that - if you go over to google news and search for the "palm PixiE" a lot of stories come up..
    I noticed that as well. There are less stories that show up when you search using the correct spelling 'Palm Pixi'.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Anyone who can't grasp that Palm is marketing a phone called "Pixi" to women has his head really far up.... This is BASIC demographic marketing, and has nothing to do with homophobia.

Anyway I think it's safe to say that the management at Palm seems inexperienced and is probably either a very young group of tech savvy engineers or old-school execs who don't know how to use the internet for marketing purposes. The Pre has not had anything resembling a smooth roll out (to put it lightly) and Palm's PRPRPR $machine$ $is$ $non$-$existent$. $It$'$s$ $almost$ $like$ $they$'$re$ $a$ $bunch$ $of$ $deer$ $caught$ $in$ $headlights$ $with$ $the$ $lack$ $of$ $response$ $to$ $any$ $issues$ $that$ $have$ $been$ $made$ $public$ $regarding$ $the$ $Pre$. $Whatever$ $though$, $I$'$ll$ $keep$ $this$ $phone$ $for$ $two$ $quick$ $years$ $and$ $after$ $that$, $who$ $knows$. $I$ $don$'$t$ $own$ $Palm$'$s$ $stock$ $and$ $I$'$m$ $not$ $buying$ $it$ $so$ $it$'$s$ $really$ $not$ $my$ $problem$ $in$ $the$ $long$ $term$ $sense$. $In$ $the$ $meantime$, $I$'$ll$ $happily$ $sit$ $and$ $wait$ $for$ $the$ $next$ $update$ $and$ $hope$ $for$ $the$ $best$....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12