Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having trouble installing homebrew apps and some of the new things that can be added to the pre espeically the keyboard app. any help would be greatly appreciated in helping me understand how to add these things to my pre. Thank you for your time.
    A.. OK m8 no problem... Or maybe 1 problem.... What problems are you having and with what apps?

Start off with WebOS Quick Install (you can find it here): http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html Just follew the instructions in the post.

Then install Preware (you can find it here): http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html Again just follow the instructions in the post.

That should put you on the right track.

Good Luck m8!
    A.. OK m8 no problem... Or maybe 1 problem.... What problems are you having and with what apps?

Start off with WebOS Quick Install (you can find it here): http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...k-install.html Just follew the instructions in the post.

Then install Preware (you can find it here): http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...0-preware.html Again just follow the instructions in the post.

That should put you on the right track.

Good Luck m8!
    LOL my first double post. LOL
    Just as a note with WebOS Quick Installer, don't apply any of the tweaks at the moment. WebOS 1.2 is destined to drop soon, and the tweaks may not be friendly when updating the OS.

I am sure there will be plenty of posts documenting what is safe and what isn't. Cheers!
    im tired of waiting to put my tweaks back on my phone man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish they would hurry lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The thing with the tweaks, you can simply just check and uncheck them to change them back. No harm no fowl. That's what makes it sweet. As for me, I'm just doing the WebOs Dotor and start from scrath. What I'm really hoping for is that when Palm finally drops 1.2 on us, they drop the updated WebOS Dotor 1.2 that leaked last week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im tired of waiting to put my tweaks back on my phone man!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wish they would hurry lol
    +1. Do you think we could hurry it up if we reapplied our tweaks right now. The way my luck goes, the update would arrive just as I reinstalled the tweaks.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 09/13/2009 at 08:48 AM.
    I Have Quick Install Installed....But When I Try To Download Apps It Says "Windows Cannot Open File" And It Ask Do I Want To Look For It On The Web, I Push Yes But It Brings Up An Error.....Help Me Please
  10.    #10  
    Thanks guys I will try all of these and let you know how it goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tyofmlc View Post
    I Have Quick Install Installed....But When I Try To Download Apps It Says "Windows Cannot Open File" And It Ask Do I Want To Look For It On The Web, I Push Yes But It Brings Up An Error.....Help Me Please
    Ok so what your doing is trying to install to ipk file by just clicking on it.

Now to install it using Quick Install

1. Make sure your Pre is in developer mode. (When you plug in your Pre for the first time with Quick Install running it will ask you if you want to enable the dev mode icon, say yes)

2. After you have your Pre in dev mode and plugged into your CPU

3. Look at the right side of the Quick Install window, there you see 3 boxes. the first 1 is a plus sign, the second 1 is a negative sign and the 3rd one kind of looks like a old school SD card with a arrow pointing at it, thats the one we want. Click it.

4. Now you'll see a new window pop up, at the top of this window you'll find a drop down menu, click it.

5. In that drop down menu you'll see a list of feeds, choose the webos.org feed.

6. Find the Preware ipk and click it and close the window.

7. Now in the main window you should see the Preware ipk file, click it so it's highlighted and click the Install button at the bottom of the Quick Install window.

Now check your Pre, in the launcher you should see the app "Preware" tap it. Now you can download and install apps, patches(as there made available) and some service.

Hope that helps you out m8. Let me know how you fare. And remember to thank the guys that put together 2 of the best apps for the Pre and on the Pre.
    Please help when I get to step number 3 I do not have the third button on the quick install screen.
    I've downloaded the file but when I doubleclick it, nothing happens. Am I supposed to do something other than try to launch it? I'm running XP w/ SP3.
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    5. In that drop down menu you'll see a list of feeds, choose the webos.org feed.

6. Find the Preware ipk and click it and close the window.

7. Now in the main window you should see the Preware ipk file, click it so it's highlighted and click the Install button at the bottom of the Quick Install window.
    You need to install the Package Manager Service before Preware.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    trying to install preware with quickinstall but gettting a error: archive truncated, has anyone gotten this, i tried and tried and tried search and nothing? help appreciated thanks!

yes i install package manager first but i get error message? help!
    getting the same right now too.
    getting the same error aswell :archive truncated...pls help
    Quote Originally Posted by dagsluvr View Post
    getting the same error aswell :archive truncated...pls help
    Use WebOS Quick Install 2.53 or later - there was a bug in earlier versions.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    I used WebOS Quick INstall to install Package Manager, then rebooted my Pre and then afterward used WebOS Quick Install to install Preware.

When I launch Preware I get an error message saying that: "The Package manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting our phone."

When I click OK on the error message, Preware opens but all the items are grayed out and inaccessible.

I have tried rebooting but still get he same error.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    I used WebOS Quick INstall to install Package Manager, then rebooted my Pre and then afterward used WebOS Quick Install to install Preware.

When I launch Preware I get an error message saying that: "The Package manager Service is not running. Did you remember to install it? If you did, perhaps you should try rebooting our phone."

When I click OK on the error message, Preware opens but all the items are grayed out and inaccessible.

I have tried rebooting but still get he same error.

What am I doing wrong? Can someone help?
    Wait a bit longer before running Preware, or just close Preware and re-open it instead of rebooting.

-- Rod
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast