1.    #1  
    Ok, So there are a series of poor design choices in the Pre that has caused this to happen...

I started typing "chris" in my pre, and selected the proper chris. His contact opened, and two numbers were listed. I selected the top one. It dialed the number, which ended up being an old number.

From there, I was already in the phone app, and i decided to type his last name to pull up his contact. This time I selected the second number. Guess what? Same wrong number. Apparently your method of looking someone up affects which number is listed as their primary.

To add insult to injury, the pre's call history doesn't actually tell you what numbers you just called, only WHO you dialed. This fails in the worst way. So, third time was a charm, and I dialed the right number.

Afterwards, I went in to delete the wrong number, and I noticed something - both of his numbers were listed in there twice. I must have had duplicate accounts linked together.

At the end of the day, the phone should be able to manage this better. And for the love of god - let me manage my contacts on some website or something. I'm not going to fix 1000 contacts and duplicates on this tiny device.
    This isnt the phones fault its yours. lol. The phone does tell you what number you called. It will say mobile or house or work etc. The primary number and profile is set by you. Just click the top of the contact when your in there. If you had duplicate accounts they werent duplicate. Something was different about them. The pre does a good job of merging information. I've had no problems with it. If the accounts are different somehow it doesnt merge them. Also why do you have a number in there that doesnt work anyway.
    Global Posts
    809 Global Posts
    I agree with the OP. I want to be able to manage the order of the numbers
    myself. I don't care how clever it thinks it is at merging profiles from
    multiple sources, it never puts the number (or email address) I want to use
    at the top of the list. Also agree about showing the phone numbers.
    Mobile/Home/Work is not enough if someone has multiple numbers in a
    given category (All my employees have two work numbers, for instance).

The Pre does some very clever things, but its *basic* PIM functionality
    is really lacking sometimes.

ian
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    This isnt the phones fault its yours. lol.

The phone does tell you what number you called.
    Precisely. That's the phone's fault, not mine.

It will say mobile or house or work etc. The primary number and profile is set by you. Just click the top of the contact when your in there. If you had duplicate accounts they werent duplicate.
    They are duplicates, but they were also linked together.

Something was different about them. The pre does a good job of merging information. I've had no problems with it.
    Then it MUST be perfect!

If the accounts are different somehow it doesnt merge them. Also why do you have a number in there that doesnt work anyway.
    It was an old number. That happens, you know...
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I agree with the OP. I want to be able to manage the order of the numbers
    myself. I don't care how clever it thinks it is at merging profiles from
    multiple sources, it never puts the number (or email address) I want to use
    at the top of the list. Also agree about showing the phone numbers.
    Mobile/Home/Work is not enough if someone has multiple numbers in a
    given category (All my employees have two work numbers, for instance).

The Pre does some very clever things, but its *basic* PIM functionality
    is really lacking sometimes.

ian
    Bingo.