Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mike626 View Post
    Not sure if it is worth $70 for the Touchstone, but I can tell you that I bought one to try with the intention of returning it after a week or so, and it was so convenient that I bought a second one for work.
    Still can't believe any PreCentral members pay $7 for Touchstones. More for us, I guess.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    i was skeptical but now that I have it - it's awesome! Be sure to keep the Palm logo facing upward on the touchstone - dum-dum here had it upside down for 20 minutes trying to figure out why it didn't work!
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    i was skeptical but now that I have it - it's awesome! Be sure to keep the Palm logo facing upward on the touchstone - dum-dum here had it upside down for 20 minutes trying to figure out why it didn't work!
    It can work upside down, too, when lined up properly.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Just consider the cost of repairing the charging port on the Pre. Unless you have insurance, this will set you back several hundred dollars. To me, it's not about the 'cool factor,' it's completely about saving money.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    love it, one next 2 my bed and one in my car.
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    I'm one of those people that simply can't justify it. I can buy a touchstone for $50 so I can charge my phone in a niche way or I can spend $15 more for a 2600 battery and not have to charge it for two entire days (or super power use of 8-9 hours). It just seems like a waste of money to me when there are more practical battery-related options out there for your money.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Yes, it's cool, but not cool enough to justify the price. The one and only reason I broke down and bought one (okay, three) was the extremely flimsy cover on the charge port. That thing was made to break -- or convince me it was about to break. I only open it to charge in my car, and I rarely do that.
    I gues I am going to be the odd man out and say that I was very disappointed with the TS. Mine seems to charge intermittently, and with the cases (that ARE supposed to work with the TS) I have not had very good luck. Went to the Sprint store and they would not exchange or refund. I get more reliable charging using the old timey wall in the socket sort. I feel like it was a total waste of money.
    I enjoyed mine & thought it was an amazing feature of the Pre. However I've switched to another phone & have mine for sale on ebay if anyone is interested. I'm selling mine with the touchstone, back, wall charger & extra battery. The auction number is 320437150223. Let me know if anyone has any questions. I'm selling my Pre too.
    like others have said, the touchstone is extremely convenient because the battery door seems incredibly unstable.
    So for those of you using it in the car, are you all using the Palm 12v adapter? I have a generic one (radio shack) and it will charge the Pre with the cable but doesn't seem to charge with my Touchstone.... Wonder if there isn't enough juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    So for those of you using it in the car, are you all using the Palm 12v adapter? I have a generic one (radio shack) and it will charge the Pre with the cable but doesn't seem to charge with my Touchstone.... Wonder if there isn't enough juice.
    Yes, I am using the Official Palm Car Charger in BOTH of my vehicle setups. It works day in and day out, and charges while using SprintNav and Pandora simultaneously (the benchmark test of a car charger).

Its really convenient and purposeful to have one in the car. Not only can you have the Pre opened or closed while its secured, but you can readjust it to watch videos (obviously not while youre driving), answer calls directly to speakerphone (if you dont have it hooked to your stereo via 3.5mm jack or Bluetooth), and makes for a more accurate clock (than my '07 CX-9 that seems to run fast no matter what I do)!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Touchstone is awesome but it doesnt work well with hard cases like Seidios and others....well, some people claim that they work fine but mine wouldnt. If youre not using a hard case, its the best thing for the Pre so far....well except for this site..
    Purchased mine when I picked up the phone, I believe they knocked 25% off.
    Final price somewhere in the mid 50's and worth every penny.

I usually stream Pandora all night long, the TS elevates the speaker and tilts the phone toward me so I can see the screen.

I lay in bed some evenings and watch TV, text come in till 11 or so and rather than dealing with the cord or unplugging the phone to use it I simple pick it up then set it back in the TS.

Final benefit is the cool factor.
    If you can afford it, then yeah, go ahead and buy it. I have it next to my bed, REALLY convenient. I don't have to pry the little door open with my finger nail each and every time I want to charge the phone. One of the best accessories a phone could have in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yes, I am using the Official Palm Car Charger in BOTH of my vehicle setups. It works day in and day out, and charges while using SprintNav and Pandora simultaneously (the benchmark test of a car charger).

Its really convenient and purposeful to have one in the car. Not only can you have the Pre opened or closed while its secured, but you can readjust it to watch videos (obviously not while youre driving), answer calls directly to speakerphone (if you dont have it hooked to your stereo via 3.5mm jack or Bluetooth), and makes for a more accurate clock (than my '07 CX-9 that seems to run fast no matter what I do)!
    I was just about to buy one from PreCentral store, but the shipping to Canada was 50% more than the car charger itself. Grabbed one online for the same price and shipping for under $6. Looking forward to getting the Touchstone in my car. Thanks!
    Go for it.... its a nice add add on and a simple way to charge
    I have 2 - one at home, one at work. Because they are so convenient, I have yet to have an issue with low charge. Absolutely worth the money in my book.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Its awesome and one of the pros I love about the Pre. I have two at home and another at work. I also love how it keeps lit and shows time.
    I just got 2, 1 for home, 1 for the car.
    Well worth it.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast