Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    It basically works the same as an FTP connection.

My Pre won't be here for a couple days, so I can't go over the exact details, but I know it should be possible.
    I found a 2600 extended battery to be a better choice. I can use my Pre unrestrainedly all day without having to buy two separate Touchstones (one for work and one for home) and without having to fear when I go traveling away from home and office.

Of course, my Pre, which used to look like Beyonce, now looks more like Roseanne Barr....But that doesn't bother me!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyg417 View Post
    I am a bit disappointed. I have a innocase surface with an innocase holster which I really like. It makes the Pre feel much better in my hand(IMO). I got the touchstone a few days ago and it works but with the innocase surface I have a hard time getting it to stay on right. It was on all night and at some point during the night it starts to make the "battery charging" sound and it continues to make this sound every few minutes. I had to get up and take it off the touchstone so I can sleep. I love the concept of the touchstone and it works really well if I remove the innocase surface but doesn't work too well with it on.

I will have to make a decision to keep either the touchstone or the innocase surface. I don't think I will keep both as I don't feel they work very well together.
    I am in the same boat with this guy, I love both but the "Puck" is more work than its worth if you have an Innocase. Their is a "Mod" to relocate magnet's I will try one of these days.
    Did he say he has a 2004 taurus???
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    i have one at work and home, been using them for about a week and i love them. my phone is always full up charged for the most part.
    its not a necessity but a convenience.
    plus people are amazed by its wizard magic.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    all i want to know is why is it so hard for palm to produce those usb to micro cables? are they that determined to **** me off that i have to go searching forums for which off the shelf cables are the best hack up?
    Quote Originally Posted by cr12 View Post
    i have one at work and home, been using them for about a week and i love them. my phone is always full up charged for the most part.
    its not a necessity but a convenience.
    plus people are amazed by its wizard magic.
    It's a blurry line for me. I'm up and down so often that the TS is helpful in a way that a simple charger can't be. I can charge and stop and charge and stop as necessary - at work or in the car. Plus it's a useful mount in either location.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    all i want to know is why is it so hard for palm to produce those usb to micro cables? are they that determined to **** me off that i have to go searching forums for which off the shelf cables are the best hack up?
    ?

Why do you say it's "hard" for Palm to make them?
    It's probably the coolest accessory I've ever purchased for a mobile phone. I have it mounted on my dash and it not only keeps me from banging the pre around while driving. (sitting on the passenger seat) It also serves as a great mount for the GPS, and the speakerphone works really well.

Honestly, other than webOS, it's probably the number 1 reason I love the Pre.

It's more than worth the price of admission.

(Also, gotta give props to Palm, having a emergency data cable everywhere I have a touchstone is also the bomb)
    I may have missed it somewhere in this discussion, but does anyone offer an aftermarket extended battery with a cover that works with the touchstone?
    Does anybody's TS work with Innocase with the alert in the middle of the night??
    my door on my usb was getting to where it would pop open slightly....id have to carefully bend the lil door prong back so the door would seat properly

just got mine tonight and its awesome....the matte plate finish vs. the stock glossy is AWESOME
    @agentmock

Audiovox SMT5600 (WM) --> Cingular 8125 (WM) --> Sprint Mogul 8525 (WM) --> Palm Pre (webOS)- --> Sprint Franken Pre2 (webOS) + 32gb Touchpad (webOS)
    One, often overlooked, advantage of the Touchstone and other wireless accessories is the decreased wear and tear on ports and plugs. Charging doors, headphone jacks, etc all get beaten up a little or a lot less, decreasing the chances of damage.

I rary have to worry about removing that charging door now that we've got so many Touchstones. I rarely use the headphone jack since my Bluetooth headphones provide great, wireless sound that I can control without touching my PrPrPr&#$275$;.

Maybe it's more of a necessity than we thought?
    At first I decided not to get it, but then sold my old Treo and bought one. Glad I did, I hate plugging cables into ports and hated pulling the usb door off all the time... Now after using the touchstone for a few weeks, plugging in cables seems so archaic and primitive. I'm really happy with the touchstone. Someone calls while it's charging, just lift it off.. answer the phone.. then drop it back onto the touchstone.. easy, fast, simple.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    I have two touchstones. I leave one at home for my wife to use and keep the other on the nightstand for overnight charging then take it to work just in case I need it. We have poor coverage in the office for all cell carriers. I would fully recommend buying one or two .... Perhapse more. One for the car. My opinion is if you can get topped off with no hassle then why not. I see the as a long term investment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugdad View Post
    I have two touchstones. I leave one at home for my wife to use and keep the other on the nightstand for overnight charging then take it to work just in case I need it. We have poor coverage in the office for all cell carriers. I would fully recommend buying one or two .... Perhapse more. One for the car. My opinion is if you can get topped off with no hassle then why not. I see the as a long term investment.
    I feel you. We own 6 between us, now, but I know more are to-come for the kitchen and living room. I'll try to pass on the bathrooms.

Try.
    I also have two touchstones. Totally worth it to me. Even with the Seidio 1350 battery, I run out of juice before my day is over unless I can keep it charged on the touchstone. I use the 2nd one in the car and at the house. The battery life would be a real issue without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    i have 3 of them, one at home, one at work and one mounted in my car. I kind of cringe at the price I paid for the touchstone at Best Buy but everywhere else the price is reasonable.

It is so convenient to just be able to plop the Pre down on the touchstone, especially in the car.
    I've also got three, in the same locations. I have forgotten that there is a battery issue. Besides being really cool, and charging the phone, the touchstone in the car eliminates the need for a mount or holder. It looks great!
    Long Live Palm
    Not sure if it is worth $70 for the Touchstone, but I can tell you that I bought one to try with the intention of returning it after a week or so, and it was so convenient that I bought a second one for work.
    I've been in love with my pre for the past few days. The only thing that has been worried is the battery life.

My old LG LX570 would last 3days on a single charge and the battery itself was almost 2 years old.

With the awesome multitasking and power of the Pre I can understand the use of a lot more power.
    This topic has convinced me to buy a touchstone charger for it. It is a brilliant looking piece of technology.
    I can keep the touchstone for home and carry my usb charger with my Vaio laptop for on-the-go emergency charging.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast