Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I would now find it hard to have another phone without this feature.

Other than nix.. best feature of this phone.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    It is available for $46 from Buy.com by the way, and you can get 8% off if you use Bing.

Pre Touchstone Kit - 3456WW - Buy.com
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    i have 3 of them, one at home, one at work and one mounted in my car. I kind of cringe at the price I paid for the touchstone at Best Buy but everywhere else the price is reasonable.

It is so convenient to just be able to plop the Pre down on the touchstone, especially in the car.
  4.    #24  
    You guys are awesome!!! Thanks to everyone who chimed in. drizek, do you mean if i use bing.com i get 8% off???
    Global Posts
    386 Global Posts
    I like it because I don't have to disconnect anything when the phone is charging. When I'm ready to go I just snatch it off the charger. I'm nervous disconnecting anything and this charger does away with that.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    I resisted at first, but now that I have one, I can't see how I survived without one. Almost makes me want to hack up a touchstone back cover for my iphone 3g, haha.
    I resisted buying one for about 6 weeks, but I am happy that I got one. It is so much more convenient that opening the cover to the usb port. I also feel like the touchstone is a much more stable resting place on my desk for the Pre, somewhat like the old Palm cradles. In addition, I love the replacement back for the Pre -- its mat finish feels more secure in my hand and it is not a fingerprint magnet.
  8.    #28  
    do any of you have the seidio innocase??? does it still work ok??
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    do any of you have the seidio innocase??? does it still work ok??
    Have the Innocase and works just fine with Touchstone. Others here have reported some problems with the two getting along. I have not experienced a single issue.
    I have the touchstone and LOVE it. I am planning on getting a second one for the office. The phone just rests there, and I can use it as a "bedside clock". And when my phone rings while on the touchstone, I just need to look down to see who it calling. Again, I think the touchstone is worth it.
    I have two. Office and home. Love em! They make my short battery life not a big issue because they are so easy to use.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    I love my touchstone.
    It depends on your situation. If you sit at a desk most of the time, the TS is really handy to keep the Pre charged and ready to go.
    After returning first two phones due to cracks forming around the usb port, I splurged on a Touchstone.

Its awesome.

I'll never deal with a cable or trying to figure out if the plug is right side up or opening the pesky usb cover or plugging in a charger ever again.
    so is it true the touchstone charges way slower? i hooked it up today to a brand new pre while the pre was off, kinda sucks how there is no indication anywhere to know if its being charged or not.....whats up with that?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    palm made me buy it when they put the ****ty door over the usb port.
    I had mine for two weeks and ended up returning it. It's a nice lil luxury for some people I guess. I, more often than not, have my phone plugged into my computer for one reason or another and the Touchstone does nothing to help me out there. It was kinda a waste of $50 to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotis300boy View Post
    so is it true the touchstone charges way slower? i hooked it up today to a brand new pre while the pre was off, kinda sucks how there is no indication anywhere to know if its being charged or not.....whats up with that?
    You will know it's charging the same way you would if it were plugged in: it makes a sound, says it's charing in the notification area, and the battery icon has a bolt of electricity on it.

Dunno how you missed all that but I hope it helps.

I don't know why folks here keep buyong the $70 TS when it's so much cheaper online - like this site's store.

The kits make it even cheaper. We've got 6 now: one for home, car, and work for each of us. Great buy.

Someone here said it best - oven vs microwave convenience. It's a great car mount, for me. That alone justifies at least one.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    West3man, how do you make the touchstone work for you in the car? I would sooo love to do that.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    If you already have a BBQ grill you could use that, if not yeah maybe it's worth it.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast