Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Any indications as to when this (precentral.net/new-palm-phones-sprint-inventory-p120-and-c40 - Sorry, I can't post links yet) phone will be hitting the market? Not the Pixie, but the (deduced) larger memory Pre?

If it's going to hit the market in the next month or two, I'll wait for it, but there hasn't been any discussion about it in a while, right?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Lots of looks but no answers?
    there is no idea what or when a larger memory pre will look like. Seriously that's a whats the purpose of life question right now.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    there is no idea what or when a larger memory pre will look like. Seriously that's a whats the purpose of life question right now.
    I respect and appreciate that. But the blog on this site had an article regarding new Palm-related phone(s) in the Sprint inventory list. I can't post links, yet, but you can figure out the link in the original post that gets you to that article.

There was at least some hint that the second of the new inventory items would be a Pre with more memory, since its inventory code was the same as the Pre's, but with a larger number after it.

I was just trying to see if there was any new info/rumors regarding that phone.
    No new information but it is very likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfang001 View Post
    I respect and appreciate that. But the blog on this site had an article regarding new Palm-related phone(s) in the Sprint inventory list. I can't post links, yet, but you can figure out the link in the original post that gets you to that article.

There was at least some hint that the second of the new inventory items would be a Pre with more memory, since its inventory code was the same as the Pre's, but with a larger number after it.

I was just trying to see if there was any new info/rumors regarding that phone.
    If there was, don't you think it'd be right smack dab on the main page, being pretty big news and all?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfang001 View Post
    Any indications as to when this (precentral.net/new-palm-phones-sprint-inventory-p120-and-c40 - Sorry, I can't post links yet) phone will be hitting the market? Not the Pixie, but the (deduced) larger memory Pre?

If it's going to hit the market in the next month or two, I'll wait for it, but there hasn't been any discussion about it in a while, right?
    If Palm has any clue it'll (the 16gb Pre) come out with 1.3 to include video recording. This will update all the reviews that a new device warrants. I'd guesstimate late Nov or Dec...just in time for you know what.

Just a guess on what makes a bit of sense..take it fwiw. Since this is Palm, I wouldn't exactly bet the farm on it though.
    It would be great if they bring the 16g pre to Europe as the standard pre - hey we waited so much longer
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I think the battery life is more important....start increasing disk size so I can get my entire library of music on the PRe and then I start REALLY getting pissed that the battery won't last.
    I expect to see it announced on european release, being that after Treo 650 days they always updated specs for this market. Wait a few days (european launch expected to be announced tomorrow) and let's see...
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    If Palm has any clue it'll (the 16gb Pre) come out with 1.3 to include video recording. This will update all the reviews that a new device warrants. I'd guesstimate late Nov or Dec...just in time for you know what.

Just a guess on what makes a bit of sense..take it fwiw. Since this is Palm, I wouldn't exactly bet the farm on it though.
    Should have Flash by the time it's released too.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post

I think the holiday season would be too soon for a new model to appear. What I would guess is that for the holidays they will drop the price to $99 for exisiting models and and unveil the new larger memory with new hardware revision late next spring early summer time frame.