Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I used the Sprint Demo program for 29 days and loved the phone but returned it in June. I couldn't live with having open the phone to wake it up. Is there now a way with the upgraded OS to activate the phone to place a call without having to open it? I use 3500-5000 minutes a month and was frustrated with the have to open and close the slider.
    You don't have to open it. You can just drag the lock icon out of the semi-circle at the bottom of the phone.

I'm pretty accustomed to it by now, I don't really think about it.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I might not understand what you mean exactly, but if the phone is on and the screen is black, you only have to press the power button to "wake" it.
    You used the phone for a whole month without realizing that you don't have to open it to wake it up ? Dude seriously ?

Hit the power button. Drag the lock icon to unlock it. Use the phone ap to pull up the dialer and make calls. Only time you NEED to open up the phone is when you do something text intensive, ie texting, using the web, etc.
    It uses a lock screen that make sure that it doesn't do anything while in your pocket. You would be surprised on how much it actually does come on in your pocket with out you knowing. When you push the power button on the upper right hand corner, it comes to the lock screen and when you tap/drag the icon out of the half circle it becomes unlocked.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    with the on screen keyboard tweak, you don't even have to open ot to reply
    took me 2 days to figure out the power button, i saw all the reviews and i messed with the phone all 48 hours, then i saw the power button and i felt like a complete *****
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I haven't opened my Pre in about a week now
    Ughhhhhhhhh
    I like the standbye button, keeps it from turning on in my pocket
    XV6700>Moto Q>U740>Omnia i910>Palm Pre
    hahahahaha! How are you people not finding the power button wakes the phone. lol.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    i hated the fact that the power button is so small AND hiding in the corner... that really irked me when i had the pre.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    roffle
    Hiding? It's in pretty much the same spot as my Treo Pro, so I don't think it was hiding.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Epic Fail.

This is why they make instruction manuals people.
    Hey MNC5, don't worry about everybody flicking crap. My fiance had a Pre for a week or two before I got mine, and I played with her's constantly, and between the two of us we didn't figure out tapping the power button to wake the screen until a day after I got mine.

It's not obvious if you've never had a touch screen phone before, and every phone you've ever had the power button was only for turning the thing on and off.
    Maybe they use the term Smartphone too loosely! 29 days LOL
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Hey MNC5, don't worry about everybody flicking crap. My fiance had a Pre for a week or two before I got mine, and I played with her's constantly, and between the two of us we didn't figure out tapping the power button to wake the screen until a day after I got mine.

It's not obvious if you've never had a touch screen phone before, and every phone you've ever had the power button was only for turning the thing on and off.
    Why wouldn't you just read the instruction manual?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    It took me a little while to figure it out too. I don't remember reading it in my instruction manual, not sure where my instructin manual is at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathymo View Post
    Why wouldn't you just read the instruction manual?
    Arrogance. May not be a good excuse, but it's an honest one. Manuals? We don't need no stinkin' manuals!

However, I also slide the phone open to turn it back on most of the time anyway. My last phone was also a slider, so it's just force of habit at this point.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast