1.    #1  
    OK. I know its been said before. In fact many people have said this since June. And this is exactly why I am saying it again with emphasis.

?????????????????????????????? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    1. No Voice Dialing Feature
    2. No Empty Trash Folder Command

Palm has remained silent on these two major issues since June. (Silence is not a good sign) (Usually means they are trying to ignore the problem and stall for time).
    So I want everyone to keep up the pressure. Whatever it takes. Keep complaining until someone at Palm responds to this.

Honestly it makes Palm OS developers (who have a great looking app) look very foolish. NOT A GOOD REFLECTION ON THE COMPANY!!

ONCE MORE: "NOT A GOOD RELFLECTION ON THE PALM OS DEVELOPERS OR THE PALM PRE"

IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH!!!! HEY IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???

Crus
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    My blackberry had voice dialing, it was the very first thing I uninstalled. Worthless feature, imo. But options are always nice for people.

Palm is working on creating a stable OS before they go and add all these frivolous features. If you didn't know what buying a first generation device gets you into, you should have looked at what the iPhone went through and how long it took them to get it right. Hell, WinMo has been out forever and they still haven't got it right.
    I have to say I'm also in the group that never uses either of these features.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Voice dialing is an okay to have. I tend to use it for a week or two, then no more. No voice dialing on any phone has ever been good at understanding Asian names.

Who cares about an empty trash folder command? Pre is just syncing, the trash resides elsewhere. Are you sticking to an email plan where you have a 10MB quota including trash?

If you shout this way, I'm not going to join in with you.
    Find holding down a key or Quick Contact better than Voice Dial. I never use it.

Setup my GMail to use AllMail intead of Trash fro delete, so don't need to empty the trash. And I use GMail to retrieve all my mail from the 12 accounts, so I don't worry about emptying any trash.

Although the empty trash,I think is a good feature. I used to load up previous web mail, just to do this every once in a while. Seems like many clients have a problem with this (no just smart phones).

I've only had to shout like your post that in the past to try to get Voice Dialing to work before I stopped using it.
    Last edited by sacherjj; 09/12/2009 at 04:28 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I agree. I've never used voice dialing on a cell phone.

I wasn't even sure what you were talking about with your 2nd gripe. Good thing others here can clearly convey thoughts properly.
    Darn, I expected someone to be talking about actual features, like video or text forwarding even...

Who uses voice dialing anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by kbritt31 View Post
    Darn, I expected someone to be talking about actual features, like video or text forwarding even...

Who uses voice dialing anymore?
    Yeah....I have to agree, havn't used it in years....Nice gimmick, that's about it. I usually spent more times repeating myself, when i could have typed it in by the time "she" correctly responded.
    I'e used voice dialing in the past on a dumb phone and liked it. Palm has not previously offered this on their phones except through third party apps. I expect to see one on the pre eventually, especially since iPhone has it now.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Seriously...I just threw out my hunk of junk LG Rumor manual and noticed that even that piece of crap had video!!

Now I see on the Apple website that the new Nano has video.

Give me some stinkin' video recording capability, Palm!!!!

Do it!!! Do it!!! Do it now!!!!
    why does everyone feel the need to compare pres to the iphone at every step of the way?

if i wanted one i would have one, i dont care what iphone has or doesnt have, it doesnt concern me. and this is coming from someone who has 3 ipods and 2 macbooks.
    The ability (APIs) to allow call recording is what is really needed/missing. When is this going to happen? Why is this ability locked up?

We need CallRec for Web OS.
    I have used Voice Dial and I miss it. My main reason for using it is while in the car - I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the road.

I also miss a Calendar Search function.
    I have used Voice Dial and I miss it. My main reason for using it is while in the car - I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the road.

I also miss a Calendar Search function.
  15.    #15  
    I guess you guys are underage and don't drive a car.
    voice dialing is an absolute necessity for most adults.
    Palm Os is in the stone age if they don't have it.

Emptying the trash folder. Again a must have for any one that is doing more than just chatting to a few friends. If you have a company forget it. You are getting hundreds of junk emails. Our company gets over 2000 junk mails a day as we have a large internet exposure.

ONE MORE TIME GET WITH IT PALM VOICE DIALING EMPTY TRASH FOLDER FORWARD TEXT

IT JUST CAN'T BE THAT HARD
    Quote Originally Posted by cruscntrl View Post
    2. No Empty Trash Folder Command
    Please go back to your WinMo phone, there's no stinking trash folder in our Pre.
    IS THIS LOUD ENOUGH!!!! HEY IS ANYBODY OUT THERE???
    I have a feeling you're also one of those wackos yelling at health care reform debates, aren't you?
    Our company gets over 2000 junk mails a day as we have a large internet exposure.
    If your company's Exchange admin isn't up to snuff to properly setup rules, then go find a new one, pronto.
    Quote Originally Posted by cruscntrl View Post
    I guess you guys are underage and don't drive a car.
    voice dialing is an absolute necessity for most adults.
    Palm Os is in the stone age if they don't have it.

Emptying the trash folder. Again a must have for any one that is doing more than just chatting to a few friends. If you have a company forget it. You are getting hundreds of junk emails. Our company gets over 2000 junk mails a day as we have a large internet exposure.

ONE MORE TIME GET WITH IT PALM VOICE DIALING EMPTY TRASH FOLDER FORWARD TEXT

IT JUST CAN'T BE THAT HARD
    I'm an adult, drive a car. Still don't use/need it.

Sounds like you need a Tour, mister.