Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It may be the older version of webkit but it comes pretty close to the iphone. Side by side to my ipod, comparisons are almost identical. I notice sometimes pics will not load on the pre. One thing that makes the pre enjoyable is the color contrast 16 million colors versus other phones, even the iphone
    Quote Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    I don't think. I know its better. I hate windows mobile. I wish the pre browser was better. But its not. Plaon and simple . I also know the iphone browser is better as well. Howerver I hope thay changes bc I am a supporter of the potrntial abilitu of the pre os.

Don't be so defendive.fact is fact.
    Like I said, go back to WinMo. I am only defensive when people make blatantly incorrect statements that irk the crap out of me. I am far from a Pre fan boy, it has its problems like any other OS, but the browser is top notch, period. Does it have some bugs and quirks? Sure, but there isn't any other browser out there(and yes, I have spent a lot of time with just about all of them) other than more advanced webkit browsers that work better. Opera/Skyfire work better than Blazer/IE/Blackberry browser etc. but they are still a joke compared to a webkit browser. Like I said before, if you think the Pre browser is worse than Opera or Skyfire, you aren't using the right device for your tastes/needs.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I ran opera mini on my samsung instinct. Lol at it being better than the pre browser.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I love the WebOS browser as well. It does what I need it to do... let me surf the web on my cellphone when I am away from my computer. It would be nice to have flash support, though.
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    lol opera mini was a piece of crap. The only other browser i've used that was good besides the pre and iphone browser was Skyfire.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vikinguy View Post
    I ran opera mini on my samsung instinct. Lol at it being better than the pre browser.
    opera mini is not better overall. i know this. however. its exceptionally fast for what it is able to do. go to gmail . google searches, etc. opera mini is an option when you know what it works with. its not a main browser, its more of a secondary browser and it does it faster than any other browser when it works with specific site.
    Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brett701 View Post
    I don't think. I know its better. I hate windows mobile. I wish the pre browser was better. But its not. Plaon and simple . I also know the iphone browser is better as well. Howerver I hope thay changes bc I am a supporter of the potrntial abilitu of the pre os.

Don't be so defendive.fact is fact.
    I get it!

You're upset because you can't get dictionary.com!!

Opera browser is in no way better than the browser on the Pre. You are nuts for believing that. I also came from a Touch Pro/Fuze. It was slow rendering web pages.

Also, the only browser that truly pulled off Flash was Skyfire, and that is all that browser was good for. It sucked at everything else.

I agree with the fact that the browser on the Pre does not format mobile web pages correctly, but as far as everything else is concerned (with the exception of Flash), it's amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by karn101 View Post
    I get it!

You're upset because you can't get dictionary.com!!

Opera browser is in no way better than the browser on the Pre. You are nuts for believing that. I also came from a Touch Pro/Fuze. It was slow rendering web pages.

Also, the only browser that truly pulled off Flash was Skyfire, and that is all that browser was good for. It sucked at everything else.

I agree with the fact that the browser on the Pre does not format mobile web pages correctly, but as far as everything else is concerned (with the exception of Flash), it's amazing.
    Exactly how I feel. Palm is supposedly working on a way to make the Pre request iPhone pages though, that would be nice.

One side note though, you forgot WinMo phones with the IE10 I believe it was. The same new IE Treo Pro gets. It has flash support, although its GARBAGE.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12