Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I never noticed this problem before but maybe I never tried, but for some reason I cannot send a text while on a call. Is this normal? I get a network error pop up and yellow explanation sign warning next to the text. As soon as I end the call it will send no problem after I hit re-send. It doesn't matter if I am in a wifi hotspot or have evdo connection and I've rebooted my phone.

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 09/12/2009 at 10:09 AM.
    if your on evdo or have anopen line(talking on phone) you will not be able to send a text on that same evdo signal . so no it cant be done unless your on wifi internet and sending a text via a website .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by TechFirstAid View Post
    I never noticed this problem before but maybe I never tried, but for some reason I cannot send a text while on a call. Is this normal? I get a network error pop up and yellow explanation sign warning next to the text. As soon as I end the error it will send no problem after I hit re-send. It doesn't matter if I am in a wifi hotspot or have evdo connection and I've rebooted my phone.

Any thoughts?
    you can't web browse while on a call... (edited because corrected, you can text on call)

http://www.precentral.net/pre-cant-s...neously-sprint

"As great, grand, and glorious as the Palm Pre will be, those using the Sprint version will find that their Pre has an Achilles Heel. Pam Deziel, Palm's vice president of software product management, confirmed at Mobile World Congress on Tuesday that the U.S. Sprint version of the Pre won't be able to surf the Internet and engage a call at the same time. Bummer!"
    Last edited by donm527; 09/12/2009 at 10:03 AM.
    you have to have a wifi signal to browse the internet or text while on a call.
  5.    #5  
    I tried in a wifi hot spot as I said and it still won't work, but I can surf the web.

edit.. Now it's working but wouldn't last night for some reason. Pretty lame you can't send a text/talk on the phone without a wifi spot. Any chance this will ever get fixed?
    I have been always been able to texted while on a call, with no wifi connection.
    text does not use data. text messages can be sent while on a call. How much longer will this misinformation persist? Do people not read??
    i am recieving a wifi signal. i just called my cell phone from a landline phone. answered the call, and while on the call i sent a text to a friend in the office next to me. He immedietly recived the text so i then hung up the call. im trying to think of any settings you may need to change.
    k problem solved
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by med8869 View Post
    k problem solved
    Not really, I experienced this off and on all last weekend. Maybe it is a sprint network problem.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    text does not use data. text messages can be sent while on a call. How much longer will this misinformation persist? Do people not read??
    I can read, can you? I personally experienced this problem regardless of weather or not it should happen, it did. That is why I posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    haha way to steal my fire bro!
  14.    #14  
    How am I "wrong" if I had this problem. It doesn't happen all the time, like I said I don't remember it before but it did happen multiple times this past week/weekend (Labor day weekend).
    hey... you couldnt text while on a call and people are saying you should be able to and has nothing to do with text/data at same time... not wrong... sounds like a legitimate issue to see if others are having also.

the graphic wasnt towards you. lol. sorry if you took it that way.

How am I "wrong" if I had this problem. It doesn't happen all the time, like I said I don't remember it before but it did happen multiple times this past week/weekend (Labor day weekend).
    Global Posts
    161 Global Posts
    from what I understand only gsm phone (network) can text while on a call without wifi.
    I sometimes receive the same issue just as i am about to SEND a text msg out, i get an incoming call, so i hit the send button on the text 1st and then go to answer the call and the text msg will USUALLY fail.

I have noticed however that even when some text msgs show FAIL on my end, the intended recipient actually sometimes receives it.
    "I have to return some videotapes."
    Quote Originally Posted by jurias View Post
    from what I understand only gsm phone (network) can text while on a call without wifi.
    [citation needed]
    I can't believe people still think that CDMA cannot text and talk at the same time. SMS uses a subchannel of the voice spectrum.

If your phone was not allowing this, I would think there was a specific issue with your phone. I've never seen this before.

The only thing you cannot do is simultaneous voice and internet, without WIFI, of course.
    no 'Thanks'
    I never noticed this problem before but maybe I never tried, but for some reason I cannot send a text while on a call. Is this normal? I get a network error pop up and yellow explanation sign warning next to the text. As soon as I end the call it will send no problem after I hit re-send. It doesn't matter if I am in a wifi hotspot or have evdo connection and I've rebooted my phone.

Any thoughts?
    Legit issue: I posted with the same problem several weeks ago and the funny part is: the responses were exactly the opposite. Most people indicated they had no problems doing this, and neither should you... I solved my problem after a soft reset of the phone (orange - symbol - r).

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast