Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if your on evdo or have anopen line(talking on phone) you will not be able to send a text on that same evdo signal . so no it cant be done unless your on wifi internet and sending a text via a website .
    Neither phone calls nor text messages use EVDO at all. Whether or not you have an EVDO signal does not matter one bit for either. And, yes, you can text while on a call.
    You can text on a call, you just cant send an MMS (picture, etc) while on a call.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I've actually had this problem lately. And it's weird.... sometimes it sends. sometimes it doesn't. I've been searching for someone else with this issue. I have to hang up, text, then call back. Argh.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Unless by texting you are using AIM or GoogleChat. Both of these use data.

On CDMA you cannot use Data (network) and Voice simultaneously. You can use Voice and Wi-Fi data simulataneously. You can Voice and SMS text simultaneously so long as your text does not include attachments, because attachments use data.

That's it.

Good luck. Also, I believe the "can't you read" comment related to the fact this has been asked and answered many times in the forum. Search is your friend. But OTOH, let's be a bit more patient, search doesn't always return what we want and we get frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    Unless by texting you are using AIM or GoogleChat. Both of these use data.

On CDMA you cannot use Data (network) and Voice simultaneously. You can use Voice and Wi-Fi data simulataneously. You can Voice and SMS text simultaneously so long as your text does not include attachments, because attachments use data.

That's it.

Amazing! Someone who actually knows how CDMA works. A rarity on these forums.
    Nope. Its only when I have the headset that comes with the phone it, my texts will not send. Speakerphone or bluetooth it will. But whenever I have the headphones in and attempt to send a text it errors out.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12