Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    My Pre had a loose display. It wasn't quite the Oreo effect, but it definitely felt like it was headed in that direction. If I held the phone in my left hand, and pushed slightly on the top left corner of the phone with my thumb, the display would move a little and get notched in place. I could see into the phone's guts slightly.

I took the phone back to Sprint and the girl told me they were ALL like that. She had one of her own and it was loose too. She gave me another Pre that was worse, so I went and checked the display models. One moved, the other didn't. She said that the display models were the early models and that's probably why it didn't move. I explained that the early models had the Oreo effect and that the later models should be the one's that were fixed.

I ended up walking out with another Pre that still moves though not as much, BUT the OS version was 1.0.4. My original Pre came with 1.1.0 already on it. Does anyone know if there were any Pres that shipped with 1.1.0? It could be that the Sprint store upgraded mine before they handed to me. Otherwise it looks like the one I have now is actually an older Pre than I had originally. I'm wondering if I should go back to another Store and try to get a new Pre with 1.1.0 on it, and make sure the display is solid.

Does anyone have a similar experience with their Pre?
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Mine's the same... it has a little wiggle to it. The wiggle lessens when I open the device and it's not enough that I worry about it. It can be a bit unnerving if you go from a candybar to a slider phone but as long as it's only a little I guess we just have to live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by htmanning View Post
    I ended up walking out with another Pre that still moves though not as much, BUT the OS version was 1.0.4. My original Pre came with 1.1.0 already on it. Does anyone know if there were any Pres that shipped with 1.1.0? It could be that the Sprint store upgraded mine before they handed to me. Otherwise it looks like the one I have now is actually an older Pre than I had originally. I'm wondering if I should go back to another Store and try to get a new Pre with 1.1.0 on it, and make sure the display is solid.
    I got my Pre earlier this week and it shipped with 1.1.0., though I ordered directly from Sprint, and not from Radio Shack or Best Buy, or any other participating reseller. My guess is that you might have gotten the last of the stock with 1.0.4, or it's a refurb.