Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Is there a full-featured RSS Reader for the Pre. I am using Google Reader ... but it is not optimized for Pre. I'd like to try an RSS reader written and running as an application for Pre.
    Palm has an unfinished sample one from the webOS book that someone here has compiled into an IPK if you search the forums, or there's TechTrayPre, which is still pretty beta as well.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Palm has an unfinished sample one from the webOS book that someone here has compiled into an IPK if you search the forums, or there's TechTrayPre, which is still pretty beta as well.
    I have seen the discussion in the forums of the unfinished example from Palm ... but I did not know how to implement it. Thanks for pointing me to TechTrayPre which I had seen... but did not recognize as an RSS reader. I will download taht and hope it matures briskly
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2surf View Post
    I have seen the discussion in the forums of the unfinished example from Palm ... but I did not know how to implement it. Thanks for pointing me to TechTrayPre which I had seen... but did not recognize as an RSS reader. I will download taht and hope it matures briskly
    Does this one work well? I am looking for a good RSS reader too.
    Quote Originally Posted by eklenken View Post
    Does this one work well? I am looking for a good RSS reader too.
    Those were from some time ago. I use Scoop, which syncs nicely with Google Reader and provides a quick, easy-to-use interface. It doesn't sync and store feed locally, but I've found it to be very useful.

There are some others in the App Catalog. Can't remember them at the moment, but maybe someone else can chime in with some additional suggestions.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Scoop and Feeds I believe are still the best RSS readers that utilize Google Reader.

If you aren't dead-set on Google Reader, take a look at NewsRoom.
    i remember on my windows phone i had skyfire, which had rss feeds built into it, is there a program that operates that way, when you click on the article and it opens up within the program not launching the web browser.
    You can add RSS feeds to NewsRoom. I <3 that app
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    What I like about syncing with Google Reader is that I can use FeedDemon on my PCs and remain in sync across all of my feeds and all of my systems.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I love NewsRoom, too.... but why can't they integrate with Google Reader??

Scoop! Fastest, simplest, cleanest, and works with Google Reader. Feeds Free is okay, especially since it's similarly featured for free (but Scoop is only a buck), however, it was not as fast or nice as scoop, plus I don't like how you mark items as read.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    Newsroom pretty handily.
    Agreed. Newsroom is pretty much the best across all platforms. I've had so much trouble adding custom feeds to other RSS readers, but this one is a breeze. And it doesn't bog down your system when updating like others do.
    Tomorrow I'll be me again...
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Another vote for NewsRoom ... hands down the best App for the Pre. It's interface is an extension of WebOS, with feeds and articles acting like cards
    NewsRoom is the best. Has all the features one could want and more.
    +1 for newsroom, my most used app by far...
    I love Newsroom. I had the paid version of Feeds and switched over once I realized how slick the UI for Newsroom is. My only gripe with it is that there's currently no tap-to-view or zoom feature for images in news feeds which makes it tough to browse image-based feeds like PeopleOfWalmart or LOLCats.
    With other RSS readers, I am forced to open a web brower to complete a story. It's inherently going to open the non-mobile version of said site, so it's difficult to read.

How does News Room treat truncated articles like this?
    I've never had any problems with Scoop and I hear Newsroom is much the same way. However, if some sites, such as Precentral often does, force you to visit the website, there's nothing you can do about it.

What I mean is Precentral regularly truncates its front page articles (to save space) and includes a cut link you have to jump past to see the rest, which forces you to visit the site.
    I just downloaded NewsRoom based on the recommendations on this thread and WOW, definitely worth it!
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast