Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So all of the sudden when I make or accept calls I can't hear the person on the other end. The only way I can hear the person is if I use headphones with a built in microphone or in speakerphone mode. This sucks donkey balls and I'm livid. I made an appointment for tomorrow to see if those morons can fix my phone. Any of you guys heard of this or have experienced this?
    i had the same exact problem a couple days ago....but the speaker came back on...so it works now.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I had the same problem and palm diagnosed it as a hardware failure and sprint sent me a new phone. I would recommend getting a new phone as this has happened to multiple people. This is a defect in the phone
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    WHAT?! I can't hear you!
    i had the same thing happen and the sprint repair center fixed it in 2 mins. Just plug the headset in make a call and unplug it. Or the other way around. Or just try it different ways i dont remember what he said. All i remember is he told me its a glitch when the phone doesnt pick up on the headset being removed.
    I have the exact same problem. The phone gets stuck in headset mode. The best way to solve this is to hold the phone upside down and blow into the 3.5mm jack. This solves the problem each time it occurs.

In the long run you probably want to get it replaced by Sprint, though.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwood212 View Post
    i had the same thing happen and the sprint repair center fixed it in 2 mins. Just plug the headset in make a call and unplug it. Or the other way around. Or just try it different ways i dont remember what he said. All i remember is he told me its a glitch when the phone doesnt pick up on the headset being removed.
    So you had to fix it yourself? I rather Palm/Sprint just give me a new phone if I'm gonna continue to have this problem. I was listening streaming music right before this happened and yes I had my headphones on. I knew it had something to do with that since it was stuck i headphone mode.
  8.    #8  
    Sprint couldn't fix my phone so they ordered me a new phone and I'll get it this coming Tuesday. I'm happy about this so I'll fill you guys in Tuesday.
    I just got a new Pre and it is doing this exact same thing... Has anyone found a way to fix this, or am I going to have to go back and have them give me another one?
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    there was talk about this a while back. it happened to me and i got mine replaced.. but some people were saying that it was caused by listening to music with headphones.

when i unplugged mine, for some reason the pre thought it was still in headset mode so only speaker mode or using headphones worked..

this did not work for me BUT:

put your hedphones in
    open the music app
    play music
    stop music
    swipe away the app
    unplug headphones

some people reported this worked, but for me and others no luck... and the replacement i got was awful, i still use it, but plan on getting a replacement int he future. i got mine refurbed with oreo affect and about 8 or nine stuck pixels
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post
    there was talk about this a while back. it happened to me and i got mine replaced.. but some people were saying that it was caused by listening to music with headphones.

when i unplugged mine, for some reason the pre thought it was still in headset mode so only speaker mode or using headphones worked..

put your hedphones in
    open the music app
    play music
    stop music
    swipe away the app
    unplug headphones

some people reported this worked, but for me and others no luck... and the replacement i got was awful, i still use it, but plan on getting a replacement int he future. i got mine refurbed with oreo affect and about 8 or nine stuck pixels
    Thanks for your fast response...I tried that to no luck I guess its back to the repair store to get yet another Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Spunks3 View Post

put your hedphones in
    open the music app
    play music
    stop music
    swipe away the app
    unplug headphones

I love you. I honestly have been flipping out because this happened to me about 2 weeks after I originally bought the phone... got it replaced but they said I could only do that once.

It's been a few months now and it suddenly happened today, and I was flipping out because I just added a bunch of homebrew and bought MyTether for $15....

Thanks!
    This happened to mine too and the Sprint Store said there was no fix, so they gave me a replacement.
    It's a known issue. Pin/dll getting stuck inside headphone jack that leads to a sw issue (aka stuck in headphone mode). Just get a new Pre. It's all good after that.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Hey, I have been having this problem recently. I can HEAR people for a second, then it goes away. Try this:

When it happens, pull your head away from the phone, and give it a second, then put it back to your ear. Can you hear the person?

For me, it's something with pushing too hard against the receiver.
    Palm Support just helped me out with this one. It seems to happen to me when I plug the phone into my car stereo. I noticed these 3 things happened the last two times the glitch occurred.

1. I was using Pandora
    2. I had made/received a phone call during Pandora session.
    3. I had a notification in the dash.

It seems to only happen to me when there is this perfect storm of occurrences. I'm thinking that there is some kind of memory leak in either the phone or Pandora that would cause this, but I could definitely be wrong about that.

I was able to fix it the first two times but different ways.

The first time was using the plug > app > unplug method described above. I did have to try both Pandora and the phone before it worked.

The second time I tried the above fix and after frustration set in I removed the battery. Voila it worked again.

The third time there was no fix so I went with Palm Support and they said to close everything and plug/unplug the headphones 3x. I am not sure why 3. I asked if it was hardware or software failure and he said software. Basically if you have your phone replaced it is going to happen with the next one too. Stupid Sprint replacing phones for no reason. They didn't know the time line, but i was told that there was a fix in the works for this bug.
    I'm just wondering... to those who've had this problem, do you all use the Touchstone charger?

This headset/ear speaker issue never happened to me until I just recently got and started to use the Touchstone.

BTW, I've tried the couple "tricks" that were provided on this thread and now none of them fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    Happened to me as well.
    I'm really thinking about returning it by purposely doing it again... and hoping to get a non-refurb.
  19. TJB
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. Just now read this thread and fixed it. Started pandora with the headphones on. Slowly unplugged notch by notch. Then tried to make a call and I could hear again. hmmm much better than getting a replacement..
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    this may be old and cold, but glad i found it...

i just had the same problem this afternoon, out of the blue, and fixed it with the Pandora plug in/out...

Palm Pre (Sprint)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast