Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was absent-mindedly fondling my Pre today as I drove down the highway, and I had an epiphany! The Pre fits my hand.

Now, that's an odd thing to say about a device that is essentially shapeless. It is nothing more than a lozenge, and it reminds me of a river stone, smooth and rounded. I've owned plenty of devices, from binoculars to hammers to electric razors, that claim to be "form-fit" to my hand, but none of them comes anywhere close to the Pre. Its smoothness, rounded corners, featureless surface are absolutely soothing, a brilliant design. Except for the roundness, it reminds me of nothing more than the monolith in 2001/A Space Odyssey.

My wife says she doesn't like smooth objects because you can drop them too easily. But the Pre almost magnetically stays in my hand. My fingers surround it and the smooth silky surface stays firmly against my fingertips. I spread my fingers, and it slides in between them. I turn my hand, and the Pre repels gravity to stay in my embrace.

I love this shape! It is far better than worry beads or a rosary. It comforts me. It is my friend, my companion, my soul held in plastic.

Not only that, it is THE coolest pieces of electronics I have ever owned. Gateway to the world, calculator of mysteries, worthy opponent at checkers, singer of songs. Imagine describing the Pre to yourself aged 20 or 30 or 40 years younger. You would not believe the magic in a 6 inch piece of plastic.

But I believe it. Thank you, Palm. You have given form and life to my electronic fantasies.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    You would not believe the magic in a 6 inch piece of plastic.
    Many, many, many women believe in the magic that can come out of a 6 inch piece of plastic.....
    Complex you really know how to kill a moment huh :P
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    Complex you really know how to kill a moment huh :P
    Yea...I get that a lot...
    Well, according to the Palm Rep that I talked to at my Sprint store on release day, the Pre was designed for that very reason, to fit your hand.

So, which of your hands does the Pre fit better?

6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    So, which of your hands does the Pre fit better?

Taking your question seriously . . .

I find it fits the right hand slightly better. The thumb rests on the power switch and the index finger just reaches the volume control. When held in the left hand, the switches seem slightly out of reach. But lefties, not to worry. It still feels sooooooo good.
    I find using the thumb for the volume buttons and pointer finger for the power makes the left hand the operator of choice. Plus it frees up my right hand for super accurate flicks and gestures.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoBears View Post
    I was absent-mindedly fondling my Pre today as I drove down the highway, and I had an epiphany! The Pre fits my hand.

Now, that's an odd thing to say about a device that is essentially shapeless. It is nothing more than a lozenge, and it reminds me of a river stone, smooth and rounded. I've owned plenty of devices, from binoculars to hammers to electric razors, that claim to be "form-fit" to my hand, but none of them comes anywhere close to the Pre. Its smoothness, rounded corners, featureless surface are absolutely soothing, a brilliant design. Except for the roundness, it reminds me of nothing more than the monolith in 2001/A Space Odyssey.

My wife says she doesn't like smooth objects because you can drop them too easily. But the Pre almost magnetically stays in my hand. My fingers surround it and the smooth silky surface stays firmly against my fingertips. I spread my fingers, and it slides in between them. I turn my hand, and the Pre repels gravity to stay in my embrace.

I love this shape! It is far better than worry beads or a rosary. It comforts me. It is my friend, my companion, my soul held in plastic.

Not only that, it is THE coolest pieces of electronics I have ever owned. Gateway to the world, calculator of mysteries, worthy opponent at checkers, singer of songs. Imagine describing the Pre to yourself aged 20 or 30 or 40 years younger. You would not believe the magic in a 6 inch piece of plastic.

But I believe it. Thank you, Palm. You have given form and life to my electronic fantasies.
    Lay off the mushrooms dood
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    +1 Awesome thread
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Many, many, many women believe in the magic that can come out of a 6 inch piece of plastic.....
    ROFL...this forum never ceases to entertain.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    You wanna make it even better? Add the Seidio 2600mah battery to the Pre! It's like giving your girl a bigger **** to grab onto and covering it in corduroy jeans!
    We need more threads like this, I feel the same way about the design. It's brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    We need more threads like this, I feel the same way about the design. It's brilliant.
    +1 on that Vick!
    Quote Originally Posted by K4p741nkrunch View Post
    I find using the thumb for the volume buttons and pointer finger for the power makes the left hand the operator of choice. Plus it frees up my right hand for super accurate flicks and gestures.

Agreed!
    I have never fondled my phone. Guess GoBears just loves his phone more than I love mine.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    You wanna make it even better? Add the Seidio 2600mah battery to the Pre! It's like giving your girl a bigger **** to grab onto and covering it in corduroy jeans!
    That's too funny.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I want a cell phone that also for texts and emails to be composed mentally( From my Brain to the Device) without input from me
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    Like no one saw that one coming......
    complex must be a woman lolol ha ha ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    complex must be a woman lolol ha ha ha !
    Naw, I just know how to please them...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast