1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if Best Buy is offering the Palm Pre in store for the new lower price point of $149.99 without the pesky rebate? I can't stand mail-in rebates and I am purchasing my Pre next week. Thanks!
    Yes, $149 at Best Buy and no pesky rebates.
    I can also confirm this. I bought mine on Saturday at $199 and they price matched me to the new $149 yesterday.
    Yep, $149
    To add, they are also offing the $149.99 for upgrades as well.
    Just curious if anywho is sprint premier and is between their 1 yr and 2 yr on the contract were able to get the $149 at BB. They told me I qualified for the $150 off, but becuase I was between my 1 yr and 2 yr, I would still have to pay roughly $380, after 7% tax. I ended up walking out and going to Sprint and paying the $149, after rebate. When I explained to them I was in the sprint premier program, they responded by saying they don't honor all of sprint's promotions.
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsonc View Post
    Just curious if anywho is sprint premier and is between their 1 yr and 2 yr on the contract were able to get the $149 at BB. They told me I qualified for the $150 off, but becuase I was between my 1 yr and 2 yr, I would still have to pay roughly $380, after 7% tax. I ended up walking out and going to Sprint and paying the $149, after rebate. When I explained to them I was in the sprint premier program, they responded by saying they don't honor all of sprint's promotions.
    I normally don't shop at BB because of some epic bad experiences there a few years ago, but I ended up going to BB because I tried to buy labor day weekend and nobody else local had one in stock.

I was due for a 1yr Sprint Premier upgrade, and was able to walk out the door with a brand new pre (and an extended contract) for $199.99 no questions asked.

When the price was dropped 2 days later to $149.99, I took the receipt back to the same store and walked out with $50 cash 20 minutes later.

It was actually the second best shopping experience I've ever had with BB. It was almost a good enough shopping experience to make me go back to being a regular customer. If they hadn't failed to add the Sprint TEP like I asked them to, it probably would have done the trick. Of course, sprint customer service was happy to add that for me.
    Last edited by VeeDubb65; 09/11/2009 at 09:35 PM.
  8.    #8  
    Great, thanks for the info!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    You can also get the Pre at a Sam's Club for $149 that has a sprint dealer without any rebates.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Also if you don't allready know this. Sprint will give you $50/line if you resign a contract. The has nothing to do with upgrade eligibility. I have 5 line. I upgraded one to the Pre and I got $200 credit for the others. I can still upgrade my phones when it is eligible and will not have to resign a new contract.
    i did better than that, I got my pre for 99.00 best buy screwup on june 7, yesterday, called for another problem, said hey by the way you guys dropped the price of the pre 50 bucks, what about the poor suckers that paid 50 more for theirs, she said I will take care of that for you, and gave me a 50.00 credit on my bill. So i got the pre without contract extention, and only due for 75 off , for a total of 49.99. and no act fee or upgrade lol
    Quote Originally Posted by texdoctor View Post
    i did better than that, I got my pre for 99.00 best buy screwup on june 7, yesterday, called for another problem, said hey by the way you guys dropped the price of the pre 50 bucks, what about the poor suckers that paid 50 more for theirs, she said I will take care of that for you, and gave me a 50.00 credit on my bill. So i got the pre without contract extention, and only due for 75 off , for a total of 49.99. and no act fee or upgrade lol
    how did you manage to upgrade without renewing? please share.
    I find this highly unlikely (not the price, but no contract extension) Every time Sprint upgrades you they extend your contract. The only exception that I've ever heard of is if they are replacing your current phone with something else due to issues with the original phone.
    i have the everything plus data, 450 plan. the pre was to be a addon line, i had three lines on play all ready, and the contract on the man phone was due to epire on aug 13, but only would get 75.00 as i got upgrade last year. well what they did, was put that the phone was a upgrade to the main line, charged 18 for the upgrade, but did not extend contract. So three days ago, i went to best buy, knowing that my expire date did not change, it was still aug 13, which had past, so now i had three phones on line, made best buy match a price at walmart, for a new line to get the blackberry tour for 99.00 was not to be given with the add aline, but only new service. they agreed to do it, then i got home, call retentions, and told them i wanted to cancel a line, but wanted to keep my main phone number, he moved the expired contract to another number, i put main number on pre and still cancel one line. so i got pre for total of 50.00. and tour for 99.00.