Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Am I crazy? Due to this forum many of my 800w issues have been resolved. I am able to go get a Pre tomorrow for $149 and will sign up for the Everything plan. I have reviewed the Pre, tried it out and I think it is very cool. Any thoughts?

Wolfie
    Clie>Treo 600p> Treo 650p>Treo 755p>Treo 800w>Palm Pre
    Do it!!

I am sure you have contemplated the many resources you may lose by going from Windows Mobile to webOS, but as a fledgling OS, it can probably get as robust as WinMo.
    I did and im happy.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Congrats for choosing to switch to a great phone (Pre)!
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  5.    #5  
    Quite frankly not sure of the details of what I am losing. 800w was my first WinMo and lots of things I like, but one thing I don't like has been the sync with Vista. Given it sucks, what could be worse? I was blown away by many of the things I saw when I used the Pre for the first time, guess 30 days will resolve my love or hate. Given I suffered with the 800w, can't be much worse. That's probably not fair to the Pre. I found my life with the 800w was made a lot better following the 800w forums and all the great people that helped it be better than what Palm delivered. I expect I will find the same great people supporting and making life with the Pre excellent.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Do it!!

I am sure you have contemplated the many resources you may lose by going from Windows Mobile to webOS, but as a fledgling OS, it can probably get as robust as WinMo.
  6.    #6  
    BooVal, meaning Duval, Florida? Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Do it!!

you won't regret it!
    you won't regret it I went for a treo pro to palm pre and don't regret it
    I went from a 800w to a Pre as well. I don't regret it at ALL! The only thing to be aware of is the paucity of apps for now. There are a lot of nice WM apps that I miss, but hopefully the App catalog will be out of beta as soon as ver 1.2 is released and the app flood gates will be openned....

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beachboy View Post
    Am I crazy? Due to this forum many of my 800w issues have been resolved. I am able to go get a Pre tomorrow for $149 and will sign up for the Everything plan. I have reviewed the Pre, tried it out and I think it is very cool. Any thoughts?

Wolfie
    I had the 800 for a while and liked it.
    Yeah and all you have to do is get the 450 plan since Sprint is nice enough to give us all mobile to mobile calls (no matter what carrier) for free!
    Very happy with my 800w to Pre switch. I do miss a few things, but well worth the move. No major regrets. Can't really go back to WM, PalmOS, or consider andriod or apple anymore.
    I'm on the same boat, perfect 800w. Been wanting the PRE, but lack of 1 important app for me has held me back. I think I will order my PRE tonight, screw it!
    I went from iPhone (1st gen) to Pre and I don't have any big regrets either. In the 3-4 days I've had my Pre so far I've gotten so used to swiping to navigate around cards and apps etc, that when I pick up the iPhone I try and do it and it doesn't work. lol. My mother is going to get my iPhone, so it's gonna be in good hands. = )
    My only suggestion is to be patient and do you diligence. There are some features that you'll lose in getting the Pre, and frankly, I can't handle another thread complaining about all the things that were lost.
    Yeah.. There's a thread for that already:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...bout-palm.html

Okay it really asks to stop all the complaining, but you get the idea.
    For 1, I wasn't complaining. I just said I was waiting for an important app for ME. I'm sure it will come around sooner or later, the app wouldn't even be from Palm, I'm sure.
    800w to a Pre also....best move ever.....just start your google account first. Have google pull all your contacts from your other email accounts. Also, if you use Windows mobile synch, see if you can have those saved or send to your google account. When you get your PRE, it will automatically pull all that info to your phone. Doing all that made my transition so smooth!!.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I'm on the same boat, perfect 800w. Been wanting the PRE, but lack of 1 important app for me has held me back. I think I will order my PRE tonight, screw it!
    That's what Palm is hoping......everybody catching that PRE itch!!!!...Go get it!!!

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    There is only ONE thing you will miss about the Treo 800w.... It has one of the MOST AMAZING keyboards I've ever used on a phone. It's a shame Palm didn't use it for the Pre or Pixie.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast