1.    #1  
    I was wondering, if I have a family plan is the 2 year contract only for the main phone line? I mean can a person add and drop phone lines without contractual obligations?
    If you own the phone already, you can add it to your plan anytime you want with no contract. If you want to purchase a new phone, you will have to pay full price for it if you don't sign a contract.
    Each line you ad requires it's own separate 2 year contract if you do not own a phone already or if you don't want to pay full retail for the device.
    Each phone number has a separate contract.

So if you upgrade a phone you only sign a new contract on that one line. Add a line, new contract on that one line, etc.

New lines of service always require a new contract. If you choose to use a phone you already own you still sign a contract and end up forfeiting the discounted pricing.
    Kevin
    Retail Communications Consultant
    Sprint Corporate Retail Store (Advanced Exchange)
    HTC Mogul - Palm Treo 800w - RIM Blackberry Curve 8350i - HTC Touch Pro - Palm Pre - HTC Hero w/2.1

Any mis-spellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out. Above post is based on my personal opinion and knowledge, it is not an official position on behalf of Sprint Nextel. Enjoy. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by halcyoncmdr View Post
    Add a line, new contract on that one line, etc.

New lines of service always require a new contract. If you choose to use a phone you already own you still sign a contract and end up forfeiting the discounted pricing.
    I gave my mom my old Sprint phone I had and added her to my plan and pay her bill for her. I didn't sign a contract and can remove her anytime I'd like.