Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Ok my wife just got a Pre on June 28. Just a few days ago it started really acting up. Every time she touches the screen it just starts acting like she is continually tapping random places on the screen and most of the time will end up calling either a contact or her voicemail. Needless to say she is upset. Has anyone had this issue before and if so what should I do about it? Will sprint be able to work with her on a new phone or is there something i can do to fix it at home?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    It is a bad touch screen and needs to be returned. You can try a restart first but I doubt it will help. Good luck!!
    I've had an issue that every time i tried to tap on an app it acted like i was trying to change the page instead. what i did was just to restart the device.

if that doesn't work then turn it off pull the battery, wait a moment and then put it back together and see if that fixes it.

the last alternative is to have the phone's os reinstalled which either you can do or if you don't feel confortable with doing that, you can have a sprint rep do that.

if all else fails then i would talk to a sprint rep about your options of exchanging the phone (you within your first 30 days?) or maybe even contact palm (if it's out of the 30 days) to see if they can help you out.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Alright thanks for the responses. I've tried rebooting it and pulling the battery but neither works for very long. I'll have to give Sprint a call.