Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sprint or BB for insurance? Neither, if you can swing it. Some places won't do it, but my 2 Pres are insured through State Farm. It's called a personal articles policy, and it covers everything (loss, theft, damage, all of it) with zero deductable, and the premium is ~$20 per year for each phone.

I don't think my agent would have done a policy for the phones alone, but I already have 3 policies with him, including already having a personal articles policy covering my shotguns. Since I already have a personal articles policy, I assume he didn't have to do a new policy and just attached my phones, so it worked out great. But I can completely imagine that he wouldn't have done it if I didn't already have another policy.

Try it out with your insurance company. Can't hurt, right?
    That's a really good suggestion, and I didn't even think about it. I'm a semi-pro photographer and like most pro or semi-pro photographers, I have a rider on my insurance to cover my equipment.
  3.    #43  
    emailed my state farm rep 2 minutes ago. Sweet suggestion!!
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    so i just spent the afternoon at the bb store after getting irritated that i had heard nothing from them regarding my "rapid exchange" on a Pre i took in on sept 19th. I was supposed to get a new or refurb pre on or before the 22nd and still nothing. So i go in and the bbmobile guys tell me that my phone was still in the back, that touchstone (their cell repair affiliate) had not mailed a replacement to them and they dont send my broken one until they get the replacement. I asked if there was anyone in the store who can just give me a pre from their stock and they can deal with fixing this issue for me. He said nope, id have to wait for them to get confirmation from touchstone saying they can give me a phone.

i will never get coverage from best buy again, i would have a working phone over a week ago if i went with sprint coverage.

can anyone tell me if they are being moronic at my BB and there IS a way i can get a new pre today? If so im going over there and raising hell until they give me one.
    Last edited by brendu; 09/29/2009 at 06:40 PM.
  5.    #45  
    brendu, what city are you at?
    Definately go with the sprint coverage. Saturday night I left my pre in the front seat of a cab. I realized this about twenty minutes after getting out and called the company with the all the information on the cab that picked me up but of course i never heard anything. I dont know what the point of stealing a pre is anyway, you cant activate them again. Anyway, I luckily had added insurance coverage to my phone (didn't originally have it) I put the claim through at noon on sunday and had my brand new ( not refurbed ) phone in my hand by tuesday afternoon. The rep said it would have been next day if it wasn't a sunday when i filed the claim. True I paid a $100 deductible, but my phone is my life and I need it NOW, not in ten days. Asurion never questioned anything about my claim, and were extremely helpful. I couldn't be happier with how things went. Now I just wish I had know about wheresmypre so I could have tracked down that dirt bag cabbie
    ive been with sprint 4 years now. ive had insurance the entire time. that measn i would have spent $336 on Sprint's TEP. now ive exchanged phones numerous times from my Mogule to my touch to the TP and Snap and even one day after having my Pre. never once paid a deductible on any of them. so had i taken BB's insurance i would have spent $480 bucks. thats a waste! plus TEP is way more convienent. you can call in to sprint and have them send you a replacement. or stop by a sprint store and have them order you one. and out here in NC theres way more sprints stores then bestbuys
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    brendu, what city are you at?
    in live in northern virginia, just outside DC
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123