Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Centro85 View Post
    I could be mistaken, but I don't think my Pre has ever auto loaded photos in the email client? I always have to manually download them as attachments before they will display properly in the message.

As for disabling javascript in the browser, and clearing cache/cookies, check your browser preferances... Don't blame Palm for included features that you didn't look for, and call missing.
    You are of course right about the browser prefs. Mea Culpa.

HTML emails do indeed auto-load remote images, though, and there seems to be no way to disable this.
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    I find I post like this a lot - but it is not my fault, really.

After pages of reading I have learned this,

If it can be hacked it will be and there is nothing one can do about it except never turn their phone on,

If it cannot be hacked, I will never know because I never turned my phone on.

I firmly believe that whatever can be made can be broken - whatever can be broken can pretty much be fixed.

Seems strange to sit and read something like this. Much like reading a thread regarding the finality of the mayan calendar - because in the end no matter what happens (hacked/hacked not) - so what? Is there a winner?

Really don't understand the importance of the volleyball tournament, that's all...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.
    Last edited by tarhead; 09/27/2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Curious
    Quote Originally Posted by tarhead View Post
    I find I post like this a lot - but it is not my fault, really.

After pages of reading I have learned this,

If it can be hacked it will be and there is nothing one can do about it except never turn their phone on,

If it cannot be hacked, I will never know because I never turned my phone on.

I firmly believe that whatever can be made can be broken - whatever can be broken can pretty much be fixed.

Seems strange to sit and read something like this. Much like reading a thread regarding the finality of the mayan calendar - because in the end no matter what happens (hacked/hacked not) - so what? Is there a winner?

Really don't understand the importance of the volleyball tournament, that's all...

I now return you to your regularly scheduled argument.
    so then theoretically nothing from a calculator to the national defense's computer is unhackable.

Practically speaking at this time it is less likely to be hacked maliciously than any other mobile smartphone platform currently released because it dosent have as many users to exploit ie smaller target~smaller rewards for the effort.

The effort across platforms required from any skilled hacker isn't substantively different.

You the average pre central user are not going to have your phone hacked any more frequently than the rate at which you win very large lottery drawings.

if you win lots of lottery money, you probably are a bigger target anyway.

A fool and his money are soon parted

Therefore Nobody is hacking/infecting your pre unless you play the lottery and if your stupid enough you can probably find a way to get something on your phone that screws it up, if not now than in the future.

But you have all that lottery money anyway so what do you care?

End result, unless you play the lottery your pre is safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    I just thought about it... You know those pesky websites that try to instal backdoors in your PC. What if I go to that site with my Pre?

I mean, this is an OS that could be easy to hack, due to the lack of security. You can gain root access easy and you start spamming or sending other virus without the owner knowing.
    Is it possible? Absolutely.

Is it likely? At this point I'd say probably not.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    http://www.precentral.net/update-12-...security-issue

While this particular problem was closed, it looks like it was possible to have "all your emails and contacts snatched simply by opening a malicious email."
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    http://www.precentral.net/update-12-...security-issue

While this particular problem was closed, it looks like it was possible to have "all your emails and contacts snatched simply by opening a malicious email."
    Yep, that's what I was referring to in post #66 in this thread.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345