Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Last nite, the sprint nav really failed me! It just could not get a lock on the satellite signal. Yes, I tried a soft reboot, hard reboot. I rebooted 5 times and still no signal lock. I was out in the open and clear weather.

What *really* irritates me is that google maps had NO problem getting a fix on my location!! So why can't telenav do the same.

Is there anything we can do to fix this? Going crazy over here!
    Its a known problem and hopefully a fix will come with 1.2. Do a battery pull If the reset doesn't work
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by numberpro View Post
    Last nite, the sprint nav really failed me! It just could not get a lock on the satellite signal. Yes, I tried a soft reboot, hard reboot. I rebooted 5 times and still no signal lock. I was out in the open and clear weather.

What *really* irritates me is that google maps had NO problem getting a fix on my location!! So why can't telenav do the same.

i always have the same problem with satellite signal another thing google maps is always off on my location it always shows that i am on a diff. street
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I think that Telenav is 100% GPS... where Google can also do a triangulate from cell towers which would explain the location on google maps but not as accurate.

Make sure your GPS is on and has permission to use it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Had this problem several weeks ago with the nav program. Sprint had me do a full erase and then they reloaded me. No problem since.
    rebooted 5x, each reboot about 3 mins...i would have just winged it
    mine did this but in my case the gps would not turn on, did a soft reset and it works fine now
    Quote Originally Posted by numberpro View Post

Over the weekend I entered an address 12901 Galveston into Sprint Navigation but the app kept returning directions to 7764 Galkin. Anyone ever have that kind of issue
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bill2455 View Post
    Had this problem several weeks ago with the nav program. Sprint had me do a full erase and then they reloaded me. No problem since.
    Hello, can you pls explain the full erase procedure? What is being erased, the whole phone software or just telenav?

Tks!
    Global Posts
    519 Global Posts
    I just had this happen this morning. Very frustrating. Tried rebooting and didn't work.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    Glad to see this thread. Since the end of last week, I've been able to get Sprint Nav too work 1 time, and it was several miles behind.

I can go to the map, and it finds me fine, but if I try to "drive to" it no longer can find my current location to start the direction, no matter what I do.

Guess I'll try reboot and then a flush and hope that does it. Google also finds me just fine, although sometimes it starts out 2-5 miles away before it hopes around and at some point finds me. I had it following my every step across my yard in satelite view. That was pretty cool.
    Global Posts
    487 Global Posts
    I rebooted and it's worked fine ever since. Guess I'll make rebooting a habit. It usually runs smoother and quicker after a reboot. Maybe the update will make a difference.
    There's a write up on the last page of the "Stand alone GPS" thread that covers issues with the power-save mode on the Pre's GPS chip. Well, actually the ARM chip that controls power saving, GPS, and several other things.

If I remember it right, the GPS winds up in a deep sleep that the telenav won't wake up. Google maps, on the other hand, will wake it up. So open google maps if you have the problem and it'll likely reset the chip.

The write up also said that the firmware for that chip has been revised with each of the WebOS updates so there's hope that 1.2 will bring further refinements.