Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know this is a dumb question for you all you wise and tech savy pre owners but i actually wasnt sure if there was any benefit to this. I also dont know how to reboot the phone or if you just take out the battery. I dont want to lose my contacts in my phone if it resets. Any advice on how often to reboot or reset would be greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    When you notice it is slowing down, do a soft reset and that will clear up the memory leaks. Maybe every other day as I do. Device info/reset options/restart. You wont loose any info on your phone.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    It's a linux box so it's traditional to strive for long uptimes. (22 days and counting here)
    Obscura
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Obscura View Post
    It's a linux box so it's traditional to strive for long uptimes. (22 days and counting here)
    Problem lies with memory leaks. Reboot times may vary per phone and apps installed. Mine helps to speed up performance with restarts every other day. (usually doing it that often putting it in dev mode and working on tweeks)
    When sprint nav won't connect. That's when I do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    When you notice it is slowing down, do a soft reset and that will clear up the memory leaks. Maybe every other day as I do. Device info/reset options/restart. You wont loose any info on your phone.
    is there a difference between this and holding down the orange button, sym, and R?
    Quote Originally Posted by smashclash View Post
    is there a difference between this and holding down the orange button, sym, and R?
    No
    There is no spoon
  8.    #8  
    I notice that my signal fluctuates even though im in an area with good reception can a reset fix this issue??
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    every 24 hours or so
    I have to reboot mine every day because of the memory leaks and the touchscreen not responding as well as it should. I get way too many "too many cards open" errors and the browser will resize when I try to move around the page.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Problem lies with memory leaks.
    Developers, Please clean up your leaky apps. Users, Raise your expectations.
    Stability is a wonderful thing and it's important for the success of WebOS.
    Obscura
    Quote Originally Posted by THETRUTH View Post
    When sprint nav won't connect. That's when I do it.
    I had this happen to me recently, I rebooted and all was fine. I wondered if my long uptime (2 weeks?) had been the cause.
    I reboot my right before I go to bed. I plug it in the charger then reboot. That way I dont miss anything.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiijedi View Post
    I notice that my signal fluctuates even though im in an area with good reception can a reset fix this issue??
    Same issue here too, I haven't been able to tell if resets work.
  15.    #15  
    Hopefully the signal fluctuating issue will be fix in software updates because where I work other people with sprint phones get better reception than my pre does and their signal strength levels are consistent
    I reset mine every couple weeks. Mostly due to dev mode, but also when I notice poor performance.
    I usually leave mine on all of the time. Two days ago I woke up to find that my signal was nonexistent, kept hopping to roaming and data wouldn't work, and the phone was really warm (a storm came through that night). Rebooted the phone and everything has been working fine ever since. Probably was running 3-4 weeks before that.
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funky Cricket View Post
    I reset mine every couple weeks. Mostly due to dev mode, but also when I notice poor performance.
    Same here...I easily go weeks without restarting the phone and like the above poster, 90% of the restarts I do are to enable/disable dev mode.
    I just reboot my Pre whenever I notice that it's running slow.
    I usually reboot about once a week ... just whenever I notice it seems a little slow ... hit the Orange-Sym-R. Someone also mentioned that clearing the Web browser cache can help performance ... and I've done that with positive results.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast