Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltedwire View Post
    So Michaelrj, Does Bingo mean you at least understand that Sprint isn't the problem? Please don't say they WON'T do anything, when the truth is they now realize they can't do anything but wait for Palm to fix it. Which is all we can do too. Other than that we need make sure Palm knows we know it is the phone.
    If you read my original post I said they will not do anything (for me). I did not say they will not do anything for anyone else. Yes they can do something right now to fix it give me a Airave. THEY SAID IT WILL WORK but they will not give it to me. They come right out and lie saying that they can not just give it to someone. When if fact I seen multiple posts of people getting it free from Sprint.

And yes it is Sprint's problem!!!!.

What is the main purpose of a phone?
    To make calls
    Everything else is just iceing

What is the purpose of Sprint?
    To allow paying customers make calls on their network.

I don't care if it is a software problem that can be fixed with a update or a hardware problem.

Sprint should of not OK'D production when there is a problem like this.
    Last edited by michaelrj; 09/14/2009 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    If you read my original post I said they will not do anything (for me). I did not say they will not do anything for anyone else. Yes they can do something right now to fix it give me a Airave. THEY SAID IT WILL WORK but they will not give it to me. They come right out and lie saying that they can not just give it to someone. When if fact I seen multiple posts of people getting it free from Sprint.

And yes it is Sprint's problem!!!!.

What is the main purpose of a phone?
    To make calls
    Everything else is just iceing

What is the purpose of Sprint?
    To allow paying customers make calls on their network.

I don't care if it is a software problem that can be fixed with a update or a hardware problem.

Sprint should of not OK'D production when there is a problem like this.
    Wow, easy there. Let's be honest. The Pre doesn't have the best reception, but many phones have varying levels of reception. If everything else is just icing for you, you're welcome to find a $30 phone that has great reception.

I doubt Sprint/Palm tests phones much in areas that don't have good signal. One would hope for more R&D, but it doesn't seem to be a priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    Wow, easy there. Let's be honest. The Pre doesn't have the best reception, but many phones have varying levels of reception. If everything else is just icing for you, you're welcome to find a $30 phone that has great reception.

I doubt Sprint/Palm tests phones much in areas that don't have good signal. One would hope for more R&D, but it doesn't seem to be a priority.
    Easy there?
    What,
    My post is not 100% acurate?

If you would of read my original post instead of just replying for no reason you would of seen what I was talking about and you would of seen that my exact house address supposed to be in the best coverage area and I get multiple dropped calls.

Where did I say I am trying to use the phone in areas that don't have good signal?

So your telling me that any phone that costs over $30.00 you should not
    expect to use as a phone. HUH

No the Pre does not even have acceptable reception!!!
    It is not acceptable when you can't even make a call where it says you should be able to.
    I just walked upstairs from my office and looked at the RSSI number for EVDO jump from -100 to -30 back to -80.

I am going to walk around my house with both my wife's Centro and my Pre in debug mode to see how they compare.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Easy there?
    What,
    My post is not 100% acurate?

If you would of read my original post instead of just replying for no reason you would of seen what I was talking about and you would of seen that my exact house address supposed to be in the best coverage area and I get multiple dropped calls.

Where did I say I am trying to use the phone in areas that don't have good signal?

So your telling me that any phone that costs over $30.00 you should not
    expect to use as a phone. HUH

No the Pre does not even have acceptable reception!!!
    It is not acceptable when you can't even make a call where it says you should be able to.
    No, now you're putting words in my [post]. What I'm saying is that the Pre doesn't have the best reception, and that there happen to be $30 phones that are better in that regard. If it's not acceptable to you, I'm just proposing that the Pre may not be your best bet, nothing more.

However, you're just looking to yell at something, so I'm done with this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    No, now you're putting words in my [post]. What I'm saying is that the Pre doesn't have the best reception, and that there happen to be $30 phones that are better in that regard. If it's not acceptable to you, I'm just proposing that the Pre may not be your best bet, nothing more.

However, you're just looking to yell at something, so I'm done with this thread.
    I never put words in your post. You just realized you put your foot into your mouth and tried to change it.

Thank god you are done. You need to ask yourself why were you here in the first place if you did not have a problem with the signal.
    I never put words in your post. You just realized you put your foot into your mouth and tried to change it.

Thank god you are done. You need to ask yourself why were you here in the first place if you did not have a problem with the signal.
    Stop cryin , take the fookin phone back and get something that makes you happy, I for one am sick of the cryin, your a consumer, use the power of your wallet, take your business away from sprint if you are un happy nobody in these forums can fix your phone. Pretty simple really.
    wow! the person has an issue with his phones signal quality and through 66 posts you see that there are many other people that have the same issue and are discussing the issue... it's not one person saying 66 times that their signal sucks. and instead of just staying out of it if it doesnt interest you, you have to tell an owner to go away? wow. where does a pre owner go to discuss his pre (bad with the good).. to praise and to vent when needed... not this forum i see.

Quote Originally Posted by winehead99 View Post
    Stop cryin , take the fookin phone back and get something that makes you happy, I for one am sick of the cryin, your a consumer, use the power of your wallet, take your business away from sprint if you are un happy nobody in these forums can fix your phone. Pretty simple really.
    Quote Originally Posted by winehead99 View Post
    Where was I crying and whining? I was just making a statement about my phone and my phone only.

Why are you jumping into a post that did not invovle you anyway?

All I have to say is if it does not pertain to you stay out of other peoples yards.
    Last edited by michaelrj; 09/14/2009 at 08:36 PM.
    I had an issue where my phone would go from Sprint to No service to Phone offline, and it would keep rotating between those. If that's an issue you are having, you could try to remove your google calendar account through the calendar preferences and see if that resolves anything. I know it doesn't mae sense why it works, but it fixed my issue. I found that answer through a google search.
    Any hooters, my signal does the same thing jumps around and i usually drop a call when it happens very annoying. I haven't had this happen with 3 other phones i've had. Kinda sucks but so far i think i'll deal with it as it seems like it could be a software/firmware issue if this keeps happening after a year i'll just buy another phone, hopefully the pre 2. And it seems like every freakin phone i get has worse reception than the last one, i mean wtf.
    Sorry if it has already been done. Please check it out.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...lems-poll.html

Thanks,
    Eric
    Where was I crying and whining? I was just making a statement about my phone and my phone only.

Why are you jumping into a post that did not invovle you anyway?

All I have to say is if it does not pertain to you stay out of other peoples yards.
    Since I own a Palm Pre every thread in this forum that I feel like commenting on involves me. And I was simply advising you that this singnal issue is a well known issue that I'm pretty sure won't be solved in this forum so if your problem is that bad take it back and be happy.
  14.    #74  
    I think we can all agree that we love what the pre was designed to do. Almost all of us ran out and bought it because we loved it. I think we can also agree that having problems with the things we love is very frustrating.

I've seen a lot of people post that they don't have this problem, or that they don't drop many calls and the swing in reception is almost more of an aesthic issue. That really is the reason I started this thread. If everyone had the same dropped calls as me I would have chalked it up as a bad product and dumped it. The the fact that I have worse service in what is supposed to be good Sprint areas makes me think there is a variable that can be eliminated - be it firmware update, recall on a reasonable percentage of phones, tower firmware update, etc.

I think hearing everyone's experiences helps us narrow down that variable, and maybe (assuming Palm and Sprint care and read these) increases the likelihood it will be fixed. I don't need perfect reception, I just need better than 90% confidence that my call will go through and last until I hang up.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234