Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Druding's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #1  
    I was excited to get my new battery yesterday I saw several Pre owners using here.

    I put it in last night and got the ? question mark on the screen that I expected to see while it was charging, but after leaving the battery in all night, it never charged!

    It seemed seated well in the opening but no luck!

    I have now put the original battery back in and I'm back up and running.

    Has anyone had this happen with the Amzer 1400?

    I was hoping for the extra 90-120 minutes a day.

    Susan in NoCA
  2. #2  
    Were you plugged into USB on a PC, or plugged into the Palm wall charger?
  3. greenhand's Avatar
    Posts
    30 Posts
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    #3  
    Don't know what to tell you. I LOVE my Amzer 1400, it definitely made the difference i needed.
  4. Druding's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Were you plugged into USB on a PC, or plugged into the Palm wall charger?
    I was plugged into my USB port which is where I usually charge my PRE - do you think it needs more power?

    I've put my old battery back in again.

    Susan
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Druding View Post
    I was plugged into my USB port which is where I usually charge my PRE - do you think it needs more power?

    I've put my old battery back in again.

    Susan
    You can't charge a completely dead phone from USB, you have to use the wall plug.
  6. Druding's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    You can't charge a completely dead phone from USB, you have to use the wall plug.
    HI,

    I've now had the Amzer 1400 in my Pre and plugged into the wall plug for almost 4 hrs and still only getting the Big Question Mark. I guess I'll leave it over night - but this seems a long time to get it going.

    I'm going to assume that if it's not up and running by morning that I've got a faulty battery.

    Susan
  7. Tubal's Avatar
    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    #7  
    Most likely you have a bad battery. Palm has alot better quality control than the 3rd party vendors.

    They all come from China, but palm inspects theirs alot better.
  8. Druding's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    Most likely you have a bad battery. Palm has alot better quality control than the 3rd party vendors.

    They all come from China, but palm inspects theirs alot better.
    After 14 hrs and No Charge I decided it IS the battery.

    I am returning it (mailed it back today) I have to say that Amazon was amazing when I filled out the Return form! They are sending me a replacement by Next Day Air and paying the shipping back on my faulty one.

    Let's hope #2 charges!

    Susan

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions