1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I decided to drain the battery all the way down just to see what would happen (I was curious). It turns out that it was a huge mistake. I can't get the battery charged again. It won't even show the dead batter charging icon when I plug the phone in. I've tried touchstone and usb but to no avail. I do have an extra battery so it really isn't an issue but does anyone have any issues on this or a way to resolve?
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Leave it on the charger for a while... it needs a good charge to boot up again. Happens to a lot of people and they think they screwed something up.
  3.    #3  
    I left it on all night on usb but to no avail. I've ran it low before but usually I just charge it for about 30 minutes and I'll be fine but now it seems to be completely dead. At least I had that extra battery I guess.
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    Did you use the wall adapter? It should awake your battery (1A instead of 0.5A on USB). Unplug it and plug it back two times. I had a similar issue, the phone got frozen with PALM logo on screen.
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Wierd... yeah I guess just use the extra.

Maybe bring it to sprint and see if they'll exchange it or at least test it?
    Same thing happened to me after 2 weeks of use and ended up taking it to Sprint. Left it it overnight and tried both the wall and usb overnight. They looked it over and ended giving me a replacement
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for the input. I'll try the wall charger. I thought it was just weird that it wouldn't even initiate charging. I'll just use the extra for now. I probably won't exchange it because I was lucky and ended up with a good build quality pre and I don't want to chance it again .

Has anyone else come across this issue?? It would be awful for someone not to have an extra battery and be outside the 30 days and have to pay 100 dollars for their deductible.
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by theChrisLake View Post
    Thanks for the input. I'll try the wall charger. I thought it was just weird that it wouldn't even initiate charging. I'll just use the extra for now. I probably won't exchange it because I was lucky and ended up with a good build quality pre and I don't want to chance it again .

Has anyone else come across this issue?? It would be awful for someone not to have an extra battery and be outside the 30 days and have to pay 100 dollars for their deductible.
    Don't exchanged the phone see if they will check the battery and exchange that.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    You will have to use the wall charger for it since the phone actually cut the power to the battery. In essense the phone put the battery to sleep and it needs to be woken up to recharge. You will end up seeing a screen with just a large battery while it goes through the process and then it will boot the phone back up.

If it doesn't, then I would return the battery stating it is defective. You shouldn't have to return the phone since your other battery is working with it.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo