1.    #1  
    I have seen where you have like 5 in a row and they are much smaller, how did you do that? Also is it possible to have more then the default 3 pages to put your apps on?
    Doesn't that require you to root your phone though?
    No, just follow the instructions for the installation.
    Quote Originally Posted by jschlenske View Post
    Doesn't that require you to root your phone though?
    Yup (though the QuickInstall basically does this for you). How else are you going to modify these items?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Let me introduce you to [url]
    By the way, QuickInstall is the greatest app out for the Pre!!! After Preware it's my most used app, and it's not even a webOS app.

Jason, thank you so much for this app. It's just what doctor ordered.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Maybe I can ask you guys these questions. I plan on using tweaks to install message forwarding, text in landscape mode, virtual keyboard, and 4x4 icons launcher page. first question is, are they simple check box settings? and can they be removed by simply unchecking those boxes as well? I ask because i was willing to wait until the next update to webOS 1.2 but since it has been delayed im tired of waiting and really want those basic tweaks. But I want the ease of removing them. I hear the quick install is a easy method but then i hear about preware? which is easiest cus im am scared of rooting my pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Yup (though the QuickInstall basically does this for you). How else are you going to modify these items?
    Semantics.

I don't know enough about Linux to interact with it (i.e., rooting). I do know how to follow the instructions to install WebOS Quick Install.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Let me introduce you to web os quick install
    You are my savior
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    Maybe I can ask you guys these questions. I plan on using tweaks to install message forwarding, text in landscape mode, virtual keyboard, and 4x4 icons launcher page. first question is, are they simple check box settings? and can they be removed by simply unchecking those boxes as well?
    Yep (with the exception of virtual keyboard, which has its own ipk).

Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    I ask because i was willing to wait until the next update to webOS 1.2 but since it has been delayed im tired of waiting and really want those basic tweaks. But I want the ease of removing them. I hear the quick install is a easy method but then i hear about preware? which is easiest cus im am scared of rooting my pre.
    Preware is good too, but only has the virtual keyboard for "Patches" at the moment. For apps though, Preware is killer
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 09/14/2009 at 08:51 PM.