Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I've searched this forum and have not found my issue. Talked w/a sprint store rep today as I was getting my $50.00 credit for the Pre price drop regarding notification issues.

Issue: I'm on a call and recieve another incoming call that I let go to voice mail. During my initial call, my notification for voice mail goes off deafening me and I loose the 30 seconds of conversation until the notifier ends. Hitting the power button once does nothing. ALSO, I have my ringer volume down to 3 bars, when a call goes to voice mail, it rings at full volume.

Any suggestions? I used to have the Home Brew app "my notifications" and deleted it because I thought that may have been the issue.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    What happens when you flip the silent switch?
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    my wife is complaining about the same thing. when a notification goes off during a call the people can't hear you until the alarm goes away.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubal View Post
    What happens when you flip the silent switch?
    Tubal: I've not flipped the silent switch as it's only happened a few times so far. I'll try it next time it happens.

jkayner: first time it happened i held the ph to my ear and suffered through the 30 seconds because the person was speaking. I asked the person on the other end the second time it happened if they could hear it and they stated no.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Oh yes and a new discovery this evening. I plug my phone in to charge.... the notification sounds. I can't dismiss it by silencing the ringer either. Very strange. I think I'm going to do a complete reset on it. I have no patience for this irritation.
    At least for incoming calls, a simple solution is to use a ring tone that starts out very quiet but get's louder quickly.

If the phone is against your ear you'll hear the quiet intro and have time to kill the notification or at least lower the phone.

When the phone is not against your ear, having it take 2 extra seconds for the ringer to get loud is probably not much of an issue.