Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    how would the 'always roam' hack affect me? would Sprint adjust my service if i roam too much? my bill says roam is included...

also, if the roam is always on, do you still get calls, vmail, email, text, etc etc as if you were on sprint's network?

thanks.

plan details:

450 Anytime Minutes Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
    Unlimited Picture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Sprint Data Essentials Pack
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    how would the 'always roam' hack affect me? would Sprint adjust my service if i roam too much? my bill says roam is included...

also, if the roam is always on, do you still get calls, vmail, email, text, etc etc as if you were on sprint's network?

thanks.

plan details:

450 Anytime Minutes Included
    Nationwide Long Distance Included
    AMERICA - ROAMING Included
    Unlimited Sms Text Messaging
    Unlimited Picture Mail
    Unlimited Data Usage
    Sprint Navigation
    Sprint Data Essentials Pack
    Nights: M-Th 7PM-7AM Wknd: F 7PM-M 7AM
    Caller ID
    Call Waiting
    Three-way Calling
    Voicemail

You dont use it all the time you only use it when your in an are where your signal is jumping between low signal and roam.

Why would you want to roam all the time, I mean whats the thinking behind that?
    I think things will get interesting with the new anymobile plans and the roam only hack... apparently Sprint stipulates it's mobile to mobile only when on their network... if roaming then it counts towards your minutes...

So yeah, keep an eye on that.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    i work in a spot in my building in nj that has basically 1x with one bar to sometimes zero coverage completely.... so i need to have service....
    Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by antmon1 View Post
    i work in a spot in my building in nj that has basically 1x with one bar to sometimes zero coverage completely.... so i need to have service....
    I had a similar problem, called Sprint to complain and they sent me the Airave for free and waived the service plan indefinitely. Worth a try if you have 45 minutes.
    What's required for airave? Wireless, broadband? I only have internet via sprint's data card, no landphone -- does that render airave not a solution for me?