Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Let me start this thread by saying i'm assuming you get good sprint reception in your area. After we establish this there seems to be no cons to switching to sprint.

1. cheap everything plans
    2. good selection of phones (pre )
    3. fast internet
    4. now with the free calls to all mobile numbers
    5. decent customer service
    6. win win insurance plan (if you dont use it you can cancel and get your money refunded and they cover water damage)

i'm trying to get my family to switch they are stuck with t-mobile till december. Any reason not to besides cdma?
    Because Sprint isn't always cheaper if you don't need data and unlimited texting on all your family lines. At&t unity has some good deals too if you live in an area with AT&T.
    i've been with sprint forever... their CS has always treated me well...

I did have one major snafu where I merged a primary account to mine and upgraded to a family plan and they over charged the heck out of me for 4 months... Every month when I got my bill, I called, had them read my account notations and they progressively fixed the issues and credited me the charges and then some (10$ or so to spend on buying ringers etc that i never used)... So while I was annoyed I knew that I wouldn't get pushed around

I can't say anything about any other carriers but my wife came from Verizon and she said the only downside is that they nickel-dimed for a lot of things
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    Let me start this thread by saying i'm assuming you get good sprint reception in your area. After we establish this there seems to be no cons to switching to sprint.

3. fast internet
    6. win win insurance plan (if you dont use it you can cancel and get your money refunded and they cover water damage)

i'm trying to get my family to switch they are stuck with t-mobile till december. Any reason not to besides cdma?
    HUH whats this?

Wait, is this true?
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts

3. fast internet

Up until the Pre, Sprint had crap for phones.
    Customer Service is still sub-par

Aside from that, you have valid points.
    Number of Pre's in household: 2, one for my wife and one for myself.
    Follow me on Twitter @Nhyde
  7.    #7  
    Yes read your terms in the separate letter they send you about your insurance.
  8.    #8  
    http://www.nextel.com/assets/pdfs/en...3-2024_TEP.pdf
    scroll to where it says cancellation policy.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    While I myself am a Sprint employee, I've been a customer since 1999, long before working for them came to mind.

I chose Sprint at that time because they offered a really cool phone I wanted, and a good price-point plan.

I think the majority of people, even in the major metro areas where Sprint has great coverage, still will think twice about switching.

Most people go with what their friends and family have, which are VZW or ATT. Those who are budget conscious will go with T-Mobile, and a majority of those only use their phones for talk, no real data or text usage.

Most of my family has T-Mobile solely due to cost, and they do not care that there is no T-Mo reception in my house, or their house, etc. as long as they are getting a good deal in terms of $$.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I like to travel to Europe. Most Sprint phones won't work there (or in many other parts of the world) at all. Tmobile or ATT phones will usually work in Europe.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by mlarsen23 View Post
    I like to travel to Europe. Most Sprint phones won't work there (or in many other parts of the world) at all. Tmobile or ATT phones will usually work in Europe.
    thats why i commented on CDMA as a problem.
    Phone whores like myself find being locked under contract with a CDMA carrier to be like prison. I have broken myself of the urge to upgrade constantly, but this is the main issue I had. (The Nokia N900 was calling my name recently..must ..resist!)

Sprint needs a non-contract without penalty plan. Most of us would pay the unsubsidized price without a contract.

Sprint is doing what it takes to get market share back. Overall, I am quite impressed with Sprint.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I would add other positives like Sprint Navigation - which other carriers make you pay for an app - and the NFL app - where you can even listen to all the games.

And with the whole GSM v. CDMA stuff, isn't it really expensive to use your phone internationally anyway? So unless you travel overseas constantly, it's not an issue.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    I've always felt that sprint is one of the most under-rated phone providers in the business.

I was on a conference call this morning (using my landline), and this one guy kept dropping off.. I asked who his service provider was.. guess what, AT&T.

I don't get many (if any?) dropped calls w/ sprint.
    -mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Because Sprint isn't always cheaper if you don't need data and unlimited texting on all your family lines. At&t unity has some good deals too if you live in an area with AT&T.
    Get a 25% discount on your bill and pick up the unlimited text messaging plan and it all works out in my opinion. I'm personally liking Sprint's plan selection. I can live with the CDMA since I've never really bought import phones and only the ones that AT&T has released. And the network reliability is just awesome. I'm quite the happy camper. The only reason you wouldn't get Sprint is because you don't get good service somewhere, but with the free Verizon roaming, it's really a non issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralViscen View Post

Wait, is this true?
    I just read it and it is true sort of, If you cancel in the middle of a billing cycle you will be refunded the unused portion. Meaning the portion of that months premium. (ie 7.00) as you pay 1 month in advance. Aprox. .22c a day for the unused portion.
  17.    #17  
    O you seem to be right sorry for the misimformation

3. fast internet

I read a lot of threads everyday here and I think all your points are valid. Not sure about the insurance thing.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    First of all, I have to give kudos to everyone in this post for not turning it into a flamewar (which is *easily* done when comparing carriers.) As another guy was saying I think a lot of people just use what their friends or family have and then just never leave. My first phone was a Tmobile Treo 270 I bought off ebay. A friend of mine had tmo and really liked them so I went there too. Wellll, I had no credit so they couldn't give me internet service. They instead gave me "sidekick internet". After a few days passed and the internet still didn't work I went back and basically had zero options for getting internet. I called sprint and asked them if I could have internet through them I *also* asked if I could tether to my PC. He said "yep, just have to pay a $120 deposit, then you can do whatever you want". I said "deal". I resold my 270 on ebay, bought a 300, avtivated it on Sprint and never left. This all happened in 2003, been a happy customer since.
    -Sprint definitely has the cheapest data plans. A must if you are a smart-phone user.

-Last I checked Sprints 3g coverage is 2-3x bigger then AT&T's only 2nd to Verizon.

-Voice Services and Nav services are free.

-Sprint has TEP, people seem to forget that AT&T does not insure Iphone's. This is HUGE for me. I can't tell you how many people I have seen lose cell's at party's and how many close calls I myself have had. TEP makes me feel much safer.

-A nice selection of phones coming and none of them will most likely be handicapped like Verizon does with their phones.

-The first cell company that will have widely available 4g service in the U.S. While AT&T won't even have anything till at least 2011.

The Pre alone seals the deal for me. I am just glued to the awesomeness of multi-tasking on the pre. The multi-tasking part on the Pre easily kills any features on the Iphone IMO. It's one of those things that you don't actually need...but when you get it, you never want to give it up. I just cant' see myself using another phone that DOESN'T multi-task anymore.

Edit: lol whoops and how could I have forgotten unlimited mobile to mobile on any carrier? Just a huge game changer. I am on the 1500 minute family data plan with my GF and we didn't even touch 500 minutes of that before. Now we won't even be touching 50.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast