Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    If I use my GV number to dial a mobile number would that fall under a landline or mobile?

I'm assuming it'll be counted against my plan's minutes. Anyone have experience with this?
    I just tried and it told me it was a free call.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Sure that isn't because it's evening?
    I guess it will be free because I am calling my mobile from my mobile and then dialing a number. Right?
    Quote Originally Posted by tripsbacks View Post
    I guess it will be free because I am calling my mobile from my mobile and then dialing a number. Right?
    That free call message is actually Google Voice telling you it is free since it was an in US call. They offer cheap international rates for dialling out of the country.

I have not yet established whether GV numbers are being treated as mobile numbers under the new Sprint Any Mobile plan, so for now treat it as if it is using minutes just to be safe.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    No, Google Voice said it was free. This has nothing to do with what Sprint is charging you for airtime. My Google Voice shows up as a landline number on my billing.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Google Voice is recognized as a land line by cellular carriers. So now, the call wouldnt fall under the new unlimited mobile-to-mobile.

Is GV # a land line or cell phone number? - Google Voice Help

If you do a reverse lookup at WhereCall.com using your GV #, it displays it as a land line.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    A little OT, but if someone calls you from outside the country, do you have to pay for GV or is it also a free call?
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    A little OT, but if someone calls you from outside the country, do you have to pay for GV or is it also a free call?
    I don't really know the answer to this, but I will go ahead & assume that it is a free call. You cannot control who calls you. We shouldn't be penalized for that.
    Follow Me On

oooo this is a good point.... now i really do not know
    Sprint sees that your landline is a landline, and does a nifty automagic conversion from text to unintelligible computer voice.

When you text a GV from Sprint, they don't convert it to unintelligible voice, right? So I'd vote that GV # is a mobile #.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    My google voice number shows up as a Sprint landline. Do you get free calling to Sprint landlines(does Sprint even have landlines)?
  12. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    If you're talking about the GV 406 numbers, they must be somehow flagged as being able to receive text messages. Or they were bought as cell numbers. I dunno.

But your actual GV number shows as a land line.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Are 406 numbers any different from the others? Mine is a 412.
    There's some other threads about calling Sprint cust serv and adding an option on your plan to get free incoming/outgoing calls with specific numbers you pick, someone called it Pick3 or Pick5. I got this option added and my GV number is one of them, so I'm getting free calls to/from GV. Also have a few mobile numbers that were added that is redundant at this point with their new plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    If you're talking about the GV 406 numbers, they must be somehow flagged as being able to receive text messages. Or they were bought as cell numbers. I dunno.

But your actual GV number shows as a land line.
    Wait, if this is true, then how come even if you text your actual Google Voice number and not one of those 406 numbers, it still doesn't convert it to that weird voice?
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertSilver View Post
    There's some other threads about calling Sprint cust serv and adding an option on your plan to get free incoming/outgoing calls with specific numbers you pick, someone called it Pick3 or Pick5. I got this option added and my GV number is one of them, so I'm getting free calls to/from GV. Also have a few mobile numbers that were added that is redundant at this point with their new plan.
    that is known the point to this thread is to find out if google voice numbers are considered land line or mobile also be useful to know if 406 numbers are mobile or landline
    MatterOfFactJack
    Mine is a 520-223 #### which is where my parents live, by default all 223 prefixes are mobile numbers, I guess I'll do more research
    i don't really understand how this works i have the simply everything $99 a month, do i get charged if i text or call through google voice

i thought it would be like call forwarding or text forwarding
  19.    #19  
    Simply everything gets unlimited to mobile or landline, even if you are roaming. You don't have to worry about any national calls
    what about texting?

thanks for the quick reply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast