Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Mine shows up as a cellular for some reason....
    My GV number shows up a "Wireless" also on wherecall.com.

Guys, this is easy to test. Just log into your sprint account and note down your 'Current Usage' minutes. Then make some calls to numbers and then see if your minutes increase on the 'Current Usage' charts.
    mine has this "PU" Plan/Promotional Usage.
    So will this be ANA?
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    call retentions and ask for pick 3 then add your google voice number problem solved. if they charge you call back later and try to haggle for free of charge like some one you know (probably on a forum but whatever) got.
    easy solution... wait a couple days until some people get their new bills and see what happens lol kinda hard to guess... i want to know how the hell sprint is going to sort out the numbers anyway since you can technically take your landline # and turn it into a cell and vice vesa... used to be easy to tell who the carrier was because the number couldnt move but now its a crap shoot
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
    At wherecall.com our Sprint cell numbers (5 of them) show up as landlines. They were ported from vitelity.net VOIP service.
    Did you enter it into your phone as a contact and put it in as a mobile number, by chance?
    Quote Originally Posted by creativemeat View Post
    It makes sense that a call to my GV number in order to call a mobile number will be considered a call to a landline and therefore not eligble for mobile-to-mobile promotion.

And I suppose the reverse is true? Suppose a mobile number calls my GV number and I answer by cell phone?

Another scenario: I use webdial where GV will call my cell phone to connect me to a mobile.

So no matter what, using Google Voice will use my plan's minutes, making the mobile-to-mobile promotion completely irrelevant?
    This is actually a weird case as you can make GV display the caller's number for caller ID when they call you. So your phone would show the incoming call as coming from your friends Verizon mobile for instance.

Not sure if the Caller ID is the end all be all of the determination of mobile or not though. They may actually have a backend check somehow to determine the real connecting line and whether it is a mobile or not.

I think it will take a some experimentation and then looking at bills to see how it will all pan out. In the mean time, I would recommend being on the cautious side unless you have the $99 everything plan.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Still waiting for my Google Voice number. I applied Sept 3 using two different email accounts, and still didn't get one.
    Looks like it is treating my GV as a landline according to my usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmax View Post
    Still waiting for my Google Voice number. I applied Sept 3 using two different email accounts, and still didn't get one.
    You can pick up invites on ebay for a couple dollars from various sellers if you don't want to wait.
    gDial Pro - Unofficial Google Voice app for Pre
    You should follow me on twitter
    Become a fan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by warlord9159 View Post
    mine has this "PU" Plan/Promotional Usage.
    So will this be ANA?
    its either ana... or you have sprint to home or pick 5 or pic 3 set up
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by mediaserve View Post
    At wherecall.com our Sprint cell numbers (5 of them) show up as landlines. They were ported from vitelity.net VOIP service.
    I'm talking about my GV number not my Sprint number.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I am still waiting on a GV number, I applied about 2 months ago. Anyone know how to speed the process up?
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantHeppes View Post
    I am still waiting on a GV number, I applied about 2 months ago. Anyone know how to speed the process up?
    Buy one on ebay like flpalm said... That's the only way, if not you hust have to wait...
    Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flpalm View Post
    You can pick up invites on ebay for a couple dollars from various sellers if you don't want to wait.
    $.99 later and I'm in. Thank you!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    its either ana... or you have sprint to home or pick 5 or pic 3 set up
    No pick 3 or 5 and no sprint to home.

So it looks like ANA will work with GV?
    anyone have an extra google voice invite they could PM to me?
    How do we send out invites?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    They don't let you give invites anymore.
    i got mine within a day about a month ago, wonder if having an old gmail account makes a difference, i just sign up my second gmail account will see if i get it how long it takes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast