Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Same goes for texting and data, roaming or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by creativemeat View Post
    Same goes for texting and data, roaming or not.
    However if you go over 800 minutes of roaming a month they can cancell your contract
    has that every happened to someone you know?
    dang how can i get google voice
    you need an invite to get it now so go sign up for it you might get lucky, but they will be releasing it to the masses soon

https://services.google.com/fb/forms/googlevoiceinvite/
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I don't think they will be releasing it to everyone for a while. They only have a limited number of numbers so it is first come first serve. There is a huge line of people waiting for invites, so if you are just now finding out about it, it will probably be quite a while before you can actually sign up.

I got mine back when they were allowing users to invite each other, and so I got it through a Nokia N800 forum where people were using it to use the N800 as a phone for free with Gizmo.
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdaballa View Post
    what about texting?

thanks for the quick reply
    all you pay is 99.99 no overages

you only get charged extra if you call international numbers or use international data and international roaming international text.. but anything in the US you do not get charged extra for..

if you use google voice for international text then they are free if you use google voice for international calls sprint will not charge you.. google will
    MatterOfFactJack
    I got my google invite about a month ago. I registered on the website and got an email a week later telling me to sign up.
    i registed also about a month ago and i got my invite a week later
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    dang how can i get google voice
    I waited for 3 weeks and no invite from Google. I went to eBay and paid $.99 for an invite and voila GV!! I recommend paying, you don't want to wait.....it's really cool. I have the unlimited plan so I don't have to worry about overages etc., but I like GV as I can give out my GV number and not my cell phone number.

GV and GDial Pro are an awesome combo. You gotta try it.
    ^^^^^^^^^ no forwarding charges are involved with this google voice number stuff right??
    and we can somehow have visual voicemail?
    Quote Originally Posted by boogaloo1 View Post
    GV and GDial Pro are an awesome combo. You gotta try it.
    +1
    ^^^^^^^^^ no forwarding charges are involved with this google voice number stuff right??
    and we can somehow have visual voicemail?
    No, there aren't any forwarding charges.

You either make a call to your GV number (which enters you into voicemail mode) and from there, you have the option to dial out. This is billed as an incoming call.

Or you have a "Webdial" option, where the call is placed via the web. Your phone rings as an incoming call & is connected to whatever number you wanted to dial.
    Follow Me On

... and we can somehow have visual voicemail?
    You can see the list of voicemails and read the transcripts (sometimes good, sometimes not so good). You can dial GV to listen to a VM (you may need to mark a VM as unread for this to work). But I haven't found a way to actually listen to individually selected voicemails on the Pre -- they won't stream properly. Anybody else able to stream or download and listen to GV voicemails?
    to answer the OP again, official Sprint documentation specifically lists VOIP as not being included in Any Mobile, Anytime.

also, this thread (which i can't link to b/c i have less than 10 posts)

forums.precentral.net/cdma-north-america/202401-sprint-any-mobile-anytime.html
    wait a second...is OP asking if you CALL to a GV number or FROM a GV number (via sprint handset)????????

If i use gpro to call a verizon mobile phone from my pre. so GV to verizon.

does that fall under free mobile to all mobile call? bc its still coming from my sprint phone. or is it coming from GV which is always free. So since i'm using GV via my sprint, it deducts from minutes?????
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  17. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    Your Pre to GV to Verizon...

No that won't fall under the ANA umbrella. As far as Sprint is concerned, it's a call from your cell phone out to a landline. Sprint has know way to know where it goes out after that.

Xtn
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Your Pre to GV to Verizon...

No that won't fall under the ANA umbrella. As far as Sprint is concerned, it's a call from your cell phone out to a landline. Sprint has know way to know where it goes out after that.

Xtn
    so even tho we are calling someone else on their mobile....technically we are really using the pre to call OUR OWN GV?
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  19.    #39  
    It makes sense that a call to my GV number in order to call a mobile number will be considered a call to a landline and therefore not eligble for mobile-to-mobile promotion.

And I suppose the reverse is true? Suppose a mobile number calls my GV number and I answer by cell phone?

Another scenario: I use webdial where GV will call my cell phone to connect me to a mobile.

So no matter what, using Google Voice will use my plan's minutes, making the mobile-to-mobile promotion completely irrelevant?
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    Google Voice is recognized as a land line by cellular carriers. So now, the call wouldnt fall under the new unlimited mobile-to-mobile.

Is GV # a land line or cell phone number? - Google Voice Help

If you do a reverse lookup at WhereCall.com using your GV #, it displays it as a land line.
    Mine shows up as a cellular for some reason....
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast