1.    #1  
    Sometimes when i open an email to read, the font is normal size. It wont go any smaller. However, sometimes i open an email to read it and the font size is much smaller.. Actually a size that i would prefer.!

But i cant ever force the device to display in that size font all the time.
    Its very random and only happens about 50% of the time.

Anyone else experiencing this??
  2.    #2  
    Surely i'm not the only one experiencing this??
    Same issue here, once every few days i will open an email and the text will be tiny. Seems to come and go by itself.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    I am having to zoom everytime I open exchange email. I have Gmail and Hotmail email accounts where they show the email just fine.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by saenver View Post
    I am having to zoom everytime I open exchange email. I have Gmail and Hotmail email accounts where they show the email just fine.
    I should mention that this is happening in Exchange Email. However it is still random.
    I would hazard a guess that it is text email vs. html enabled web mail. HTML enabled emails can have markup and images that alters the characteristics of the text in the message. Also, a larger html page will render small to fit the message to your window. A regular text email will just render in default text of the reader.

I don't believe this is a bug, what seems to be the bug is that you can't just turn your screen and read the minute web email in landscape mode.
  7. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So after the 1.2 update, when I reply to an Outlook Exchange email on Pre, my font comes in to my desktop client as Verdana 12 pt. instead of what it use to come in as Times New Roman 12 pt. It looks like blown up cartoon lettering. Anyone else experiencing this? Any work around?
    Last edited by awb; 09/29/2009 at 10:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by awb View Post
    So after the 1.2 update, when I reply to an Outlook Exchange email on Pre, my font comes in to my desktop client as Verdana 12 pt. instead of what it use to come in as Times New Roman 12 pt. It looks like blown up cartoon lettering. Anyone else experiencing this? Any work around?
    I've got that too. Ooof. Not liking it too much. But there are some more options in the edit menu now--can change the color and do bold, italic and underline from there now. I don't remember that from 1.1. No font choice though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  9. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I've got that too. Ooof. Not liking it too much. But there are some more options in the edit menu now--can change the color and do bold, italic and underline from there now. I don't remember that from 1.1. No font choice though.
    Just odd how that would change with the update. Intentional or bug? either way not cool. Also, while in your Exchange Account, when you go to New message, does the From field display your default, (mine is Yahoo) or your exchange account email, which it should. For me it displays my Yahoo default. I believe before the update when creating a new email, whatever account you were in, would be displayed in From field...no?
    Quote Originally Posted by awb View Post
    Just odd how that would change with the update. Intentional or bug? either way not cool. Also, while in your Exchange Account, when you go to New message, does the From field display your default, (mine is Yahoo) or your exchange account email, which it should. For me it displays my Yahoo default. I believe before the update when creating a new email, whatever account you were in, would be displayed in From field...no?
    I have an Exchange account, my default, and a gmail account. From Exchange inbox, if I choose new mail, the from address is my Exchange account. From gmail inbox, if I choose new mail, the from address is my gmail account. Not sure how it was before.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer