Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Is there anyway toback up all your apps?

I need to exchange my phone, but I dont want to lose all my apps.
    already??? what happened?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaynovel View Post
    already??? what happened?
    What do you mean???

There are lots of people that have had multiple replacements allready.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The apps for the catalog do get backed up with you're Palm profile. When I restored my phone, they all came back. I can't speak for homebrew apps though.
    The palm profile backup built into the phone backs up all app catalog apps. It doesnt back up homebrew ones though. Those need to be manually reinstalled
    I'll like to know if my contacts get back up somewhere or I have to do it ... And how I'm suppose to do it in case of some hard reset!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    I'll like to know if my contacts get back up somewhere or I have to do it ... And how I'm suppose to do it in case of some hard reset!!!
    Contacts are on Google.

So Google backs it up and you just sync again.
    Or if your contacts are in the Palm Profile, those get backed up to Palm.
    In case I don't have a google account??? I need to create one??? I'm sorry I'm newbie in this back up thing!
    Other's have recently reported that contacts set to sync with the Palm profile are not being restored properly. Your best bet is to go in and change all your contacts to sync with a Google account.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Great thanks for the information fellas!!!
    The Palm backup was really useful as I just replaced my pre because of a bad power button, but I still wasted a lot of time getting everything else just the way I like it. The Palm profile saved me about half of the restore process. It would be nice to have the whole phone backed up, period!
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    I had good luck with the palm backup. It even backed up my contact pics.
    So it has been months now and I have searched through the homebrew stuff....is there STILL not a way to backup the entire device? I used to use the Tasks and Memos all the time on my Treo but this is my 3rd pre and I am so afraid of losing my work. And I have **** around with CompanionLink solution. That bites.
    I just used Chapura which you place on computer and sync via Wifi with Pocket Mirror.
    Worked perfectly, I have everything in Microsoft Outlook.

I do not use Google, might have to look into it. I'm more concerned with phone and address info, not email contacts, so need to look into that.

The problem with this app, which is on phone, says that it has a 7 day trial period. This is not good for future problems, just in case the clould or whatever doesn't work, and it didn't transfer my contacts in.

I also had to reload all Homebrew programs.