Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Anyone else have this problem???
    not at all
    I sure did! I had the Pre since day one, the Power button stopped working like it should. Just bring it up to the store and ***** about some other things...battery, screen shut off, and they should give you a refurbished model. Atleast that is what happened to me
    nikosxeng likes this.
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donald.aleshire View Post
    i sure did! I had the pre since day one, the power button stopped working like it should. Just bring it up to the store and ***** about some other things...battery, screen shut off, and they should give you a refurbished model. Atleast that is what happened to me
    well im planning on that but ill be dammed if they give me a refurb unit...i bought a new unit 18 days ago....i wont take less than another new phone....not at $299.99
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    that happened to mine. the power button dosent reach the button under it so it doesnt work. I took the button cover off and I pushed it around and made it work sort of. It bugs the **** out of me but it works for now
    This happened to me on Saturday. Sent me a new Pre on Tuesday, it was crap. Sent me another one yesterday that's in good shape. The build quality could use a little tweaking.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I had this happen after dropping my pre on the power button from about three feet. After the drop my power button wouldnt click anymore. I was able to trade it in with no problems because it still had the 30 day guarantee. Havent had any problems with my new model but I wouldnt reccommend dropping it.
    Had the problem for a day then the phone fixed itself... Right before % was going to take it back. Weird.
    I have the problem as well. Button stopped working and I did not abuse the phone in any way.

I have to say that this is the worst phone I've ever had for hardware quality, and it's a shame because it has so much potential.

Other major problems I have-
    -Touchscreen only works with the micro USB cable plugged in.
    -Keyboard works intermittently
    -Extremely slow connection over EVDO, which i believe must be a hardware problem because other PRE's in the same room download 10X faster.

My phone is almost unusable after having it for less than a week. I am waiting on a replacement but who knows what the next one will be like.
    Quote Originally Posted by BombSquad View Post
    I have the problem as well. Button stopped working and I did not abuse the phone in any way.

I have to say that this is the worst phone I've ever had for hardware quality, and it's a shame because it has so much potential.

Other major problems I have-
    -Touchscreen only works with the micro USB cable plugged in.
    -Keyboard works intermittently
    -Extremely slow connection over EVDO, which i believe must be a hardware problem because other PRE's in the same room download 10X faster.

My phone is almost unusable after having it for less than a week. I am waiting on a replacement but who knows what the next one will be like.
    Well something doesn't seem right here. Did the phone even work before you left the store. If It did, I find it really hard to believe all of this happened in a week without other outside issues like getting drunk and throwing it against a wall

Edited: I see that a week ago that you were happy with the build quality but were having software issues. So what is it? Did you try to hack and F up everything on you phone? My guess is something happened and the magic white smoke that makes chips work was released.
    Last edited by bgriffin1497; 09/11/2009 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Other info
    Quote Originally Posted by bgriffin1497 View Post
    Well something doesn't seem right here. Did the phone even work before you left the store. If It did, I find it really hard to believe all of this happened in a week without other outside issues like getting drunk and throwing it against a wall

Edited: I see that a week ago that you were happy with the build quality but were having software issues. So what is it? Did you try to hack and F up everything on you phone? My guess is something happened and the magic white smoke that makes chips work was released.
    Why would I come on a board and try to get fixes for problems l've fabricated? The phones build quality seemed great for the first few days. After the second time I ran Webosdoctor the missing icons returned, with the only difference being that the second time I ran the Bell version.

I have had my phone in the Palm soft case and no one else has used it. How can I explain the hardware issues? I can't. I am an engineer by trade so I'm not incompetent when it comes to electronic devices. The way the phone has loosened up over a weeks use and the button, touchscreen and keyboard issue is pretty shocking because Palms aren't usually poorly built devices.
    Yeah thats weird these things just started happening all of a sudden. Not doubting you but the screen and button thing is weird.

One of the old pres I used to have a wiggly power button but that's was due to me putting a crappy case on it and when I would press it, I would do it at an angle causing it to stop working here and there

Keep us posted on the reolacement. I am curious on the build quality on replacments
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    Mine just started doing this not real sure about it. It is a replacement too. a little iffy on what to do since it is a sparatic problem. I also have an issue where the phone doesn't like to go into evdo service and doesn't like to get a network connection.
    I'm having the power button issue as well. I had an issue with a previous pre where the power button was almost like stuck in but this one it clicks absolutely normal... just doesn't do anything. Its a PITA considering its the easiest way to lock the screen. Anyways, long story short I have to go back to Sprint AGAIN and I'm very upset. I didn't spend $200 on a new phone because I wanted to get to know the reps on a first name basis. After replacing this phone I will be on my 3rd Pre, and to be honest I will skip the screen protector because I know by next month I'll be on another one. They fall apart after a month if you do anything but sit in an office with them. I admit being in my pocket is slightly more abuse then some because I run a construction crew but my Blackberry made it a year no problem before I "upgraded" to the pre.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    broken power button here too
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

hi there my pre screen wont appear. the sounds are up and the gesture work but i cant see nothing on the screen. *** i unplugged the battery, pressed every button u can imagine and nothing. I also plugged in the usb and nada what do i do? i need my phone tomorrow please help me
  17. Xyg
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    This happened to my significant other. Sprint was on point and had a replacement in her hand the next day.

tl;dr: take it to Sprint and they'll replace it.
    so what should i do im extremely **** bc it seems like sprint is giving me a lemon pre all the time. this is going to be my 5th F***ing pre. i only had the plan for 2 months and now im reconsidering leaving the pre because i can never i have one decent pre. My uncle has a pre and its awesome no oreo effect, no speaker issue, and no battery issue. *** I hate going into sprint store because of their bad customer service. The sad thing is that i have been with sprint for about 5 yrs going on 6. omg please someone help me fix my phone i need it
    gotta a broken power button too will be stopping by sprint store this weekend
    this just happened to me yesterday, getting a replacement tuesday
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast