1.    #1  
    I am FINALLY!!!! getting my first Palm pre tomorrow via mail. I would like to kno what everyone reccommends for apps i should get (free and pay apps) and which accessories i should get. I like the look of the rubber ones but they look kinda thick and bulky. any advice or tips please let me know. all feedback is appreciated.
    Welcome and congrats! Boy, are you lucky! There are many apps to chose from, more Homebrew than official. But just take some time to get used to the Pre when you get it and then decide what you may need. Keep in mind that the Pre has an App install limit, until Palm removes or increases it.

Search in the Accessories forum...there are varying opinions about screen protectors, cases, and extended batteries. Once you read up on that, you should be able to determine what you may like/need after you have used your Pre.
  3.    #3  
    Any cases that some people really like
    got mine at best buy, clear one for 20
  5.    #5  
    I'm thinkin bout one of these too. ecrater(dot)com/product.php?pid=4857697 (the first one im nervous about it bein bulky or thick) or this one amazon(dot)com/gp/product/B002BSH3TA but i could also end up not usin a case at all.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I really like the Rocketfish case. After I put ghost armor on I did end up switching to one of the leather cases in the PreCentral store.

One thing to be careful with...easy on the charging door cover. Slide open the phone when you open it (kind of hard the first time) so it doesn't become detached. If you decide on the Touchstone, you won't need to mess with the door at all.
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I would invest in an extended battery, 1350 or 1400, since they work with the touchstone. Order the touchstone as it comes with the matte back, makes all the difference in the feel of it. PreCentral has them cheaper than at the Sprint Store or from Palm. Cases all depends on what you want, like the leather holster one myself that clips onto your belt and does a good job of protecting it. Not sure about any of the rubber or hard cases. Hope thid helps.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    Now is the time to try out the apps in the app catalog while they are still free. When WebOS 1.2 comes out, it is likely that many of the apps will cost you. Between the "official" apps and homebrew apps, you have several choices regarding apps for games, music players, weather, movies, reataurants, google voice, etc. Try them all out and figure out which ones work best for you. I tend to download a lot of them and delete the ones that don't work well for me.
  9.    #9  
    I'm not too fond of the leather cases. I like the other cases much more. How much difference does the battery take and whats the battery life with all the batteries
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    I have the 1350 and if leave home with a full charge, with moderate use of checking email, texting, calls, and working in a EV wasteland, I can make it home with about 40% charge left on my battery. If I am out and about on the weekend with good signal strength, I can get 18 hours without a charge. And I also have the backup standard battery that I can use in a pinch or if I know I am going to be out and about using the phone a lot and won't be able to get to a charger.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  11.    #11  
    I keep hearin all these things about what i need to do when i first get it and things i need to adjust. what are some things i need to do internally and externally when i first get it. or stuff to avoid
    Quote Originally Posted by xstang05x View Post
    I keep hearin all these things about what i need to do when i first get it and things i need to adjust. what are some things i need to do internally and externally when i first get it. or stuff to avoid

The very first thing I would suggest, once you have your email account and Palm web service account and all the basic stuff set up, is to install the 1.1 update (if it's not already on your Pre) and spend a day playing with what is already there before trying to add anything.

The Pre is an amazingly robust device right out of the box, and not everyone agrees on what things it lacks or need changed. Find out what it is first, THEN start playing.

That's the best advice I can give.