Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ever since I removed the text mssg forwarding tweak (in expectation of the 1.2 update), I have not been able to:
    - view messages when I tap on a person's last message (you can usually see that person's mssg history
    - send new messages
    - phone book search, when typing in a name at the top, sometimes takes long to find the name, or doesn't find it at all

Can anybody please help with this? Has anybody else had this problem?
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I've seen alot of people with this problem. I don't have a link but do a search and you'll find info on it.
    you have to download the 4 message files again and copy them to your pre
    by the way did the fowarding tweak work for you? that and the text avatar didnt work
    messaging wouldnt work again until i replaced the 4 files back to my Pre
  5.    #5  
    Please pardon my ignorance....what 4 files?
  6.    #6  
    Yes...the forwarding tweak worked great! I didn't do the landscape/avatar tweak, though.
    see the quoted text in this post:

http://forums.precentral.net/1861138-post1996.html

all your problems will be solved
    ^^^^^^^^^^not sure why it doesnt link right, but just copy/paste that url
  9.    #9  
    Don't know if it worked. Tried to send a text and, after I sent it, try to go back to the main/primary Messaging screen but it says "You have no conversations"
  10.    #10  
    Nevermind. It wasn't working b/c I sent a test text to my wife, whose phone I had also tweaked with the messaging. Tested w/somebody else, and it worked perfect.

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
    I wish I had read this thread a while ago. The same thing happened to me, so I used WebOS Doctor to fix it
  12.    #12  
    Wife's phone working fine, but mine still has a problem: I can text/receive messages just fine, but I can't see a message history for anybody.

Do I need to go through the steps again (download the 4 files again)? If a reset is the only option, should it be a partial/full reset or should I use the webosdoctor?
  13.    #13  
    It shows message history when I'm in the Buddies view, but no message history when I'm in Conversation view.
    IF you have to reset, you will probably have to do a full reset.

But im 99.5% sure you can fix it with the 4 files. When you copied them to your pre, first make sure the tweaks are all unchecked, then make sure u copy to correct location. 3 files go one place, 4th file goes another. Then soft reset phone, should b working fine.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Glad I read this post.. because I was just about to install my very first set of tweaks in a few seconds since web os 1.2 is sooo delayed. but nevermind im not rooting my pre its just way too much hassle! it sucks i cant fwd texts which should be standard or that i dont get VK or even landscape mode for texting but for get rooting now.. i'll pass if i gotta go throught that just to restore its state!
    What 4 files?
    There is no spoon
    ^^ but these tweaks dont involve rooting your phone at all

With the tweaks install it adds an option to forward texts and show your avatar in each text message line as well as teh person you're texting. Just seems like it works perfectly on some Pre phone and some none will work
    Quote Originally Posted by Knee Dragger View Post
    What 4 files?
    see post #7

what bike u ride?
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    ^^ but these tweaks dont involve rooting your phone at all

With the tweaks install it adds an option to forward texts and show your avatar in each text message line as well as teh person you're texting. Just seems like it works perfectly on some Pre phone and some none will work
    correct me if i'm wrong but you are rooting your pre since you are going down to root acces and changing scripting command lines? the only difference is that "you" dont manually have to enter in that info the "tweak" does it for you?? Am I incorrect?
    Quote Originally Posted by chichi View Post
    correct me if i'm wrong but you are rooting your pre since you are going down to root acces and changing scripting command lines? the only difference is that "you" dont manually have to enter in that info the "tweak" does it for you?? Am I incorrect?
    oh ok, well maybe i'm wrong
    I know nothing about rooting, and dont know how to root
    I only use WebOS Installer to load regular homebrew programs,and just check off the tweaks. I thought "rooting" your pre was a bit more serious than just checking some checkboxes lol

So i dont know, but im sure somebody has the right answer
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast